Help Me Choose A Name For My Future Cattery

Ravenclawsome

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys, so this is my first thread. I need help choosing a name for a future cattery. After I graduate college, get a stable job that involves my major, and have a house of my own, enough money, and the time, I plan to become a Savannah cat breeder. I need the name to follow the rules of TICA, so please help. I like Crookshank, you know, because of the cat in Harry Potter or Cuddles, an old cat of mine. That’s all I can think of though, so please help me.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Stable job that involves a degree, a house of your own, enough money, and time....hmmmm....Not to be a Debbie downer or negative but, you may be putting the cart before the horse!? You could be looking at 10, 20 yrs before you achieve the first 4 goals. Just sayin! If I come up with something I'll be sure and post again. Best of luck in the meantime!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ravenclawsome

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Stable job that involves a degree, a house of your own, enough money, and time....hmmmm....Not to be a Debbie downer or negative but, you may be putting the cart before the horse!? You could be looking at 10, 20 yrs before you achieve the first 4 goals. Just sayin! If I come up with something I'll be sure and post again. Best of luck in the meantime!
Yes, I may be looking ahead of time, that is what I do. I like to plan ahead, so I would like to come up with a name and be prepared before the time comes, because the years will go by faster than you know.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Have you ever been to a cat show? That's the best way to get to know more about the breeds you're interested in. I'll attach a link to the TICA show calendar. When you're there, maybe you can ask breeders how they got their inspiration for their cattery name. :)
TICA Show Calendar

Also, be sure to check the cattery name database when you think of something to be sure it's available! http://www.tica.org/pdf/cattery/cattery.pdf

The good news is that you do have some time to think of something. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ravenclawsome

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you ever been to a cat show? That's the best way to get to know more about the breeds you're interested in. I'll attach a link to the TICA show calendar. When you're there, maybe you can ask breeders how they got their inspiration for their cattery name. :)
TICA Show Calendar

Also, be sure to check the cattery name database when you think of something to be sure it's available! http://www.tica.org/pdf/cattery/cattery.pdf

The good news is that you do have some time to think of something. :)
Do have any suggestions?

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Something you could do is taking time to think about things that are somehow linked to the breed you are willing to improve. Savannahs have an African origin, so you may like to take a look to how Servals are called in different languages in Africa and play with that. Also, if you already know which aspect or aspects you are willing to work on with the breed, you can include something like that. For example, a well known Bengal cattery is called "Glitterglam". You can bet they focus on breeding for cats that have a lot of glitter, among other features, of course.
Just some ideas for you to work on ;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only name I've ever come up with for a Savannah cattery is, "Penniless," since - if one's breeding both Fs and F¹s, the start-up cost (2 Serval queens, 2 F generation Savannah queens, both with breeding rights, and three F generation studs, so the genetics aren't overcrowded) is something north of a hundred grand for show-quality foundation cats.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure of Tica rules but in CFA the cat has the prefix of the cattery it comes from and a suffix of the cattery who owns it. The length of your name should be considered since there is usually a limit to the number of letters allowed. Maybe something shorter, like MyDream (only an example).