Help me - cat is due any time now

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bless her heart. So sorry to hear this, and this explains the blood and the panting. Don't know why this happens sometimes. It probably passed inside her yesterday. I'm glad to hear that Lolly is well. How are her kittens doing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillollypop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She isn't eating like yesterday but maybe she is just resting ..just wanna tell ya ..I went to bury the kitten wen I went to check on her just now...so sad she had a long poop under her head lying on it wen I picked it up thought it was another kitten she stated crying and tried to take it ...I think she thought it was her kitten I took..maybe I shouldn't of taken it no she keeps looking at me like weres my baby..I had to leave :I couldn't stop crying ...but the other babies look ok I guess their eating and sleeping only cry when mom gets up...sorry I had to tell someone I'm so sad for lolly

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Awww. It is sad. Did she eat the placenta and clean the kitten? The only thing you could have done was leave the kitten long enough for her to realize it was dead. But Lolly will be okay with her other 3 babies. If she ate the placenta she may not be hungry right away.

lillollypop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh no....I think another one ...she got up came to me in room her belly looks still like a ball in there and she bleeding again and discharging..let you know I'm not leaving this time maybe I can save this one maybe

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, dear! It may or may not be alive. Delayed labor and birth is tricky. Keep me posted. I'm right here.

lillollypop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ty so much..I felt a lil movement ..I'm hoping ill keep you informed ty so much for being here

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How sad,I'm very sorry for your loss,  but I am glad she is having them, there would be complications if she did not.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, as N nansiludie said, there would be complications - perhaps even an emergency C-section, which is very expensive. Nature's way is best if possible.

lillollypop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just checked in and she is walking around again and I felt the Kitty it kicked two times please pray it comes out alive I'm so worried ..I'm not going to turn on lite any more til I hear something when she had the last one the light was out I'm thinking maybe she wants it dark that's why she stopped cuz I left the light on yesterday and the night before do you think that's what she did and she stopped

lillollypop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lolly just got up and left the kittens and is laying on the middle of the floor with her leg up

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she may be stressed and is delaying the labor. It is good idea to turn out the light and let her be by herself for a little while. I do hope this little one makes it. Sounds like the kitty is coming.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Leave the light off. I think you should stay with her in case she needs help. It does sound like a kitten should be here soon.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't think she delayed labor because of the light, but cats do pick up on stress, so try to remain calm for her.

Last edited:

lillollypop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok ty sarthur for coming back I thought you were tired of me..I'm going back in ill let you know as soon as something happens

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Never tired of anyone! Just washed breakfast dishes! I'll look for an update.