Help! Kittens Diarrhea And Vomit

Sad face kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 8weeks old kitten, puddin
g (which I got from a breeder) is having diarrhea and vomit after food. He's not eating and only drink water right now.
I brought him to the vet, where he was given panacur 25g/l per ml @ 0.5ml dosage. I was told to feed him the medicine every day for next 5 days and every 2 weeks after until he is 12 weeks old.
He is still having diarrhea with yellowish stool and he did eat a tiny portion of wet food, but I realised he vomit it out not long after. What should I do with him now? Should I stop all food for now? Should I feed him KMR milk with syringe (as he's not drinking any since he having diarrhea but only drink water)?

I brought my another 8 weeks old kitten together to the vet for some basic physical check, the vet advised us to give the same deworming med to her @ 0.65 ml (she weight 200g more than Pudding) every 2 weeks.
She was all good and pooping normally before she took the msd, and now shes having loose gooey stool.. Is this normal?
Or is it possible that she contracts the virus from Pudding as they share the same litter box? Should I stop food as well for her? KMR?

How long will the diarrhea last?

We got them both from the same breeder, they are of different parents. All are indoor cats. I'm very concerned of them both as this is my first time having kittens and have no idea on how to treat them. I only adopted one adult cat many years ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sad face kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 2nd kitten is vomiting now.. Is this something serious?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, apparently its potentially serious. Contact your vet again - as paying patient is OK to begin with phone and ask (and tell scond kitten seems to get the same symptoms).

My main advice for now is to give pedialyte - flavorless for babies is best,

but you can make your own, a cup of water, a big teaspoon of honey, a quart teaspoon of salt. Begin with this basic pedialyte till you get something better.

Forcefeed if necessary.

KMr is a good idea, or goats milk - easy to digest if nothing else.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree- call your vet to update them and let them know what's going on, and syringe feed KMR and Pedialyte (this helps prevent dehydration- which gets worse with diarrhea.

Sad face kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the replies. I just called the vet and the doctor says it's common for diarrhea after deworm med and will get back to me on the vomiting. I'll try Pedialyte while waiting.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the replies. I just called the vet and the doctor says it's common for diarrhea after deworm med and will get back to me on the vomiting. I'll try Pedialyte while waiting.
Keep us updated!

Sad face kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Latest update: the vet advise to stop kmr and deworm.

I control their diet to 4 smaller portions spread throughout the day. The first kitten is now having better appetite.

I also feed them Bene-Bac Plus (Fos&Probiotics) that I got from pet stores.

They stop vomiting and stool is getting harder, still abit gooey but way better. :)

I now can sleep soundly without worrying so much.
Thank you very much!