Help! Kitten Won't Stop Meowing!

purplesnitch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, I've tried to separate my 3 month old kitten from her mother, since the mother cat is quite weak (recovering from a mild illness) and the kitten keeps drinking her milk even though she's already almost exclusively eating kitten food by now.

I know mother cats usually push their children away if they don't want them to drink their milk, but Minnie just lets her kitten drink it every time, and seems to be getting weaker and thinner. I don't know, perhaps I'm overreacting? (There were originally five kittens in the whole litter by the way, but unfortunately four of them died, so there's only one kitten left now.)

Anyway, the problem is that the kitten has been crying a lot, even though I've fed her enough food (along with a little KMR) and water, and petted her a lot in case she feels lonely without her mom and siblings.

I don't know what else to do. The only time she doesn't meow is when she's eating or sleeping! It's honestly very frustrating. Could she have colic or something like that?

Sorry for the long explanation... Any solutions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She wants to be with her mom.

What is wrong with mom? What medicine is she on?