Help Kitten Puke!

ellapets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, the kittens(Spook,Gingersnaps,Tootsie & Ying-yang) have been puking! Now i'm not SURE all of them puke I have SEEN Tootsie & Spook puke but not the others.It's not from Pumpkin(mom cat) she never puke's exept 4 1nce when she must of had the worms bad & puked them up,but only then.WHY R the puking?is it there food?R the finding something in the house?R they sick?is it dog food(cause they eat the dogs food)? if it helps any the puke is chunky & brownish yellow green color, but 1nce spooks was white & watery.
PLZ help me

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please get your kittens to the vet . Puking with so many of them puking is not a good sign. Dog food is the last type of food they need, kittens can't digest this food. Take the food and put it up, feed the dog in another room entirely, then put the food up until the next feeding. But please get this family to the vet quickly,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ellapets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Realy?The dog food is THAT bad 4 them??The dog is very old & we just leave the food out 4 him,he dosn'teat to much at all so we leave it.We try to keep them away from it but the cats come back. I told my mom to call the vetbut SHE wouldn't call cause SHE thinks the vet will want to set up an apointment(he would anyway!).BUT we will get them nuderd soon & ask then.R U sure it couldn't be the food cause their food is cat/kitten food,that my DAD got.do U have any ideals why they R puking?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are puking because what they are eating is upsetting their stomach more than likely. Yes, dog food is bad for cats, that's why they make dog food for dogs and cat food for cats. Otherwise it would go under just a general label of Pet Food and you could feed it to both species. Cat food has more protein than dog food, and is easier for the cat to digest. Plus leaving food out all day is not a good idea as the food air stales and spoils quickly.

Please tell your parents that these kittens need to go to a vet to find out why they are puking. Don't count on someone off the internet saving you from a vet bill in a situation such as you describe.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ellapets

Realy?The dog food is THAT bad 4 them??The dog is very old & we just leave the food out 4 him,he dosn'teat to much at all so we leave it.We try to keep them away from it but the cats come back. I told my mom to call the vetbut SHE wouldn't call cause SHE thinks the vet will want to set up an apointment(he would anyway!).BUT we will get them nuderd soon & ask then.R U sure it couldn't be the food cause their food is cat/kitten food,that my DAD got.do U have any ideals why they R puking?
Dog food doesn't have near the amount of nutrition a cat needs. Yes, cats can get sick from eating too much dog food, and dogs could get sick from eating too much cat food. I would take up the dog food, and if the vomiting persist, see a vet immediately.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dog food has a lot of vegetable matter in it as well as ground up bone, all of which is indigestible to cats, and can do them harm in large quantities. As these kittens are very small it would not take much to make them sick, and could damage the linings of their stomachs.

ellapets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OK. I hear that it is the dog food then,but I donno how to stop them from eating it & THE DOG IS VERY OLD he allways had his food layed out 4 him he just eats when he want.about the stailness U mentioned 4 the cats it's not a problem cause when we pour it they eat it!yes I will try to get them to a vet & see if the dog food it a problem by...uh..well trying anything realy.IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT COULD BE CAUSING THEM TO PUKE?

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ellapets

OK. I hear that it is the dog food then,but I donno how to stop them from eating it & THE DOG IS VERY OLD he allways had his food layed out 4 him he just eats when he want.about the stailness U mentioned 4 the cats it's not a problem cause when we pour it they eat it!yes I will try to get them to a vet & see if the dog food it a problem by...uh..well trying anything realy.IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT COULD BE CAUSING THEM TO PUKE?
Well, my best guess, as I said above would be the dog food. You have to eliminate that, first. If it isn't the dog food, it is probably some kitty virus.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetie, There could be many reasons your kitties are getting sick. Eating dog food is a likely reason, but asking "IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT COULD BE CAUSING THEM TO PUKE?" is kind of like asking a mechanic why your car keeps stalling without allowing him to see it.

Your kitties really need to go to a vet. Please try to talk your Mom into taking them as soon as possible. I don't want to scare you, but waiting until its time to neuter them may be waiting too long.

Maybe it will help if your mom reads these posts.

My prayers are with you and your kitties.

ellapets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OK>Every1 lisen up!Good news: THE KITTENS STOPED PUKING!WE TOOK THEM 2 THE VET 2 GET SPAYED & HE GAVE THEM FREE WORMING, EVER SINCE THEN THEY HAVE STOPED PUKING! Does any1 think that cause pumpkin was born in a barn & raised there till we got her(a librarian lets cats stay in his barn...)that she has a stronger stomac then her pamperd kittys?Pumpkin is a very wild cat & her kittens like it outside but almost come in every 10min 2 warm up, do U think that they have week kittin stomacs & Pumpkin has a strong wild stomac?I think maybee we got Pumpkin later(older) then her kittens R now, so she could handle the worms(kittens R almost 5month old)WELL THE R BETTER NOW THANX 4 YOUR HELP!!!!!