Help; Kitten introduction - what do I do?

flybear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
just have enough boxes everywhere - one per cat plus one and at least one in every room ... my 4 share currently 4 boxes plus a small box only the kitten uses -no issues but we do clean them every day and sometimes in between. It sounds very promising for your two ... I agree with what has been said ... your kitten being careful and a bit scared is good because otherwise your resident cat will be pushed to the limit hahaha ... Be warned ... he will discipline the kitten ... and as long as the kitten goes back for more fun ... ignore what sounds like small cries and complains... My cats will allow some tail chasing but when teeth get involved they throw kitten onto his back , plonk on him and either lick him or ... bite ( carefully ) and wrestle until the little one has learned " NO ! you little rebel ... that hurt ... here I show you ... stop that " - and there is no more effective way for a kitten to learn to be gentle ... My boy will occasionally just hold the kitten prisoner under his arm until he calms down - having a chill cat to teach your baby manners is awesome ... make sure you give Marx extra love ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here's another update, I think we're doing great!

Toffee is way more relaxed around Marx now and no longer hisses at him. They do the cutest thing where they touch noses when walking past one another! And today they started kinda playing together.

I'm so happy this worked out even though ai messed it up a bit in the beginning. Thank you all for your great tips!