Help! Kitten Has A Red Eye!

nalaragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just woke up to a kitten with a red eye and some discharge (she's 7 months old). I'm afraid she has gotten something in her eye. I know I should take her to the vet, they open at 10 am, I'll call them as soon as they open. In the mean time, do you have some advice? I tried cleaning it with water, and it somewhat helped. The eye looks slightly better now.

Kori

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve had 23 kittens in total and sadly eye infections can happen. Of course the vets should be your first point of call in order to ensure your kittens sight is not adversely affected long term, but I always keep eye drops handy in the house for occasions when I can’t get them to a vet. If your kitten lives in a multi cat household, I would recommend separating her from the others to avoid contamination and infecting others.

Pets at home do a few cat eye care products. Cleaners and soothers are useful and will usually clear up a gammy looking eye. But your kitties health is most important so if you’re not confident in what you’re dealing with, vets at 10!!