Help!! Ive tried everything :(

Ezavora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been posting a bit about my cat peeing in our air vents. Originally she was being treated for a UTI. We had set up her litter box in a closet while she was on her meds and when it seemed better I moved it back and she peed again so I put it back thinking she probably liked her little set up. So she's had that since and has continued to pee again today. I've tried water and vinegar, angry orange cleaner etc and I can't get the smell out. I'm thinking because she smells her urine she keeps going there. Someone else suggested because she was a stray before she is trying to get outside but she has shown no other behavior of wanting to go outside. She is still showing affection, eating normally, playing etc. Im bringing her to the vet again this weekend to get more assistance. Any other suggestions???

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Absolutely, yes, you MUST use an enzymatic cleaner, and Nature's Miracle has been mention before on here as a good one. YOU might not smell her pee with the products she has used, but I promise you, she does. I'd also recommend getting a black light wand. Cat pee will fluoresce under a black light...going from green when fresh to orange as it ages, allowing you to get every bit of it cleaned up/