Help I've Got A Dirty Kitten!

Cats&Coffee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_1040.JPG

*pics for attention*
Hi all! I've noticed a trend with Stella, every time I do a complete litter change she pees outside of the box. Now this seems contrary to everything I've read online about litterbox problems. I use Worlds Best Cat litter the regular clumping Variety and she seems to have no problems with it. I typically scoop twice a day and maybe add a little litter half way through the month and do a complete change once a month. So far she pees right near the litter box which I immediately clean up with enzymatic cleaner. I'm thinking maybe save a little dirty litter to sprinkle on top? Any other tips for me?
IMG_1092.JPG
IMG_1048.JPG

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I would add in some used litter if that is what she needs. She is beautiful, by the way. Did she dart into the fridge or sneak in?

One thing I would say, well actually two things, is that Worlds Best does have a smell to it, especially when fresh. She may not really like its odor until the smell of urine masks it. Also just so you are aware, mice will see this litter as a feast, so if you ever have an issue with them, you will have to switch litter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cats&Coffee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess I'll be saving some of the dirty litter then. I just thought it was so odd. Didn't really think of the scent of the fresh litter corn must be offensive to her lol. She is definitely a darter, she gets In the fridge or out the front door :hmmm: before you even know she's around. We're in a new apartment complex so no mice problems but thanks for the tips!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to watch those darters carefully. I broke my kitten's tale when she flew into the dryer just as I was shutting the door and caught her tail in it. At least I didn't dry her but I still felt aweful

Cats&Coffee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, add a little dirty litter, if that's what she likes.

You might also try some of the Dr Elsey's litter additive, see if she likes that.
Thanks I'll keep my eyes open for that. I saw some cat attract litter at petco.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, boy! Make sure to spay her in the next month or so. I can tell she's an escape artist.

Cats&Coffee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ack! The photo on the stove, though cute as all get out, freaked me out! I have gas burners but still have a terrible fear of my furkids jumping up onto them.
I agree. Electric is even worse because they stay hot for so long. I always shoo her off and have been debating getting some ssscat cans for the entryway and counters (they're just so expensive for canned air :bawling:) I've banned all burners at least 30 min before we go anywhere because I know she must be up there while we're not home. When I caught her this time she completely froze like that was a good hiding technique lol.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's exactly the stove I have, lol.

I don't even try to keep the cats off. Whenever I use a burner, I put a few inches of water in a pot or pan (usually the one I cooked in, but a different one if it's not empty yet) and put it on the burner until it cools down. That way the cats can't burn themselves.