[help!] Is My Cat Going Through An Interrupted Labour?

mamamochi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, my mama cat, Mochi, had her first born at around 2pm this afternoon and I can feel more kittens on her stomach. (Like 3 more kittens). I checked on her from time to time whilst she was having the first one; I'm pretty sure the kittens inside her belly are also moving. She is a first timer too. So I'm helping her by saying soothing words like “You can do it” and by gently rubbing her belly. (I'm afraid I'll crush the kittens in her stomach if I rub hard omg). My mama cat is kinda panting—but overall, she seems fine and takes care of her kitty. I give my cat her wet & dry food and made her drink on her bowl. She sometimes calls me out for God knows what and makes me follow her to her nesting place. I also made her drink water in a syringe during labour on her first kitten 'cause she seems tired and had her tongue out. We only have a very fixed income so going to the vet is kinda you know...because now I am going to college very soon & we have to pay fees & etc.

My mum says that our mama cat is just resting for a while because it's her first time and she doesn't really know what to do. (She said she experienced this from our older cats before).

Now, the real question is, it's now 1:17am and there isn't any signs that she's going through another labour. She's just in her nesting box with her kitty and goes out from time to time to eat, drink, chill outside her nest & etc. (There are no discharge or anything; she tends to her kitten and I check her every 2 hours). Is this an interrupted labour? Please help me because I'm freaking out for the last hours since she had her little precious baby.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No worries! The other babies will come when they and mom are ready. Just be patient! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mamamochi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No worries! The other babies will come when they and mom are ready. Just be patient! :)
Thank you very much for your reply! I guess I'll just have to check her from time to time. Finally, I can calm down. :yess::blush::wave3:

mamamochi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
[UPDATE]: it's now 5am and she went to my room and called me. She is currently laying here in my bed with me. I just checked her moments before and she is nursing her baby.

mamamochi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
[UPDATE]: it's now 5am and she went to my room and called me. She is currently laying here in my bed with me. I just checked her moments before and she is nursing her baby.
P.S: she still hasn't delivered her babies. She's not panting either and still seem to be relaxed and pretty chill beside the fact that she's calling me to check up on her. :catman:

mamamochi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, everyone, is it normal for a first time mama cat to give birth to only three kittens?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes! Sometimes they have only one or two. And a small litter is preferable to a large one. It’s much easier on mom.

Do you plan to spay her when this litter weans?

mamamochi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, we plan to. So we don't have to worry anymore. Not that we don't want kittens. I mean they're cute but we don't want our mama cat to have trouble into giving birth. :wave3: