Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ghalahad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all! This is my first time posting and I need some help. I have a 1 year old cat. Had her for about 6 months. She's great and super sweet. Today we just got a 9 week male old kitten. The kitten has been just exploring, playing with myself or my fiancee, and just minding his own business. Well the femalr will have nothing to do with this. Constant hissing, growling, and full blown agitation which then stresses out the kitten. We tried putting them in separate rooms but them the kitten will make its head off for attention, the female heard this and continues to grow and hiss. The kitten doesnt mind the female at all the problem is with her. Any advice on how to get these two to get along would be greatly appreciated!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like things are proceeding normally. I know it is hard to believe but take a few minutes and scroll through the MANY many posts of a kitten be introduced to a resident cat(s). You can help by doing a proper introduction. Also expect your older cat to hiss/growl/and bop/bat at the kitten's head without the claws. I have heard that female cats have more of a 'you will respect my authority' attitude but personally I haven't seen it more in female or male cats. Don't be alarmed when your older cat tells your younger cat to knock it off or leave them alone. Biting/scratching/cat fighting yowling noises are causes for alarm. I would keep an eye on them but not freak out if she growls or hisses.

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide

Here are some other articles you might find useful:
The Dos And Don'ts Of Cat Behavior Modification
How To Stop Playtime Aggression In Cats
Six Surefire Strategies To Reduce Stress In Cats