Help In Ordering Cat Food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Siberian cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you asked your vet about how long his expected recovery time? Will he need to continue to build up slowly after that?

As he gets his strength back, he may enjoy eating more.
They said a week ago to watch him for 2 more weeks closely (peeing etc.) and after that within 1-2 weeks if there is absolutely no more complications he should be back to his normal-self. After that it’s really up to him. PU is famous about long recovery time (2 months) and since he had a second surgery still I guess it’s longer. I expect to be out of danger by Christmas, and then first week or two of the new year to get back to his old self. But today he is in a better mood finally, we played for half an hour just as you before and he was jumping back and forth running everywhere.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a suggestion, print that post out and tape it to your fridge. Then every time you feel he should be totally well, glance at it. It'll help you remember you and he are doing well.

Siberian cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a suggestion, print that post out and tape it to your fridge. Then every time you feel he should be totally well, glance at it. It'll help you remember you and he are doing well.
Thank you, you are very nice with us! :-)

Siberian cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is wonderful to hear that he's feeling better!!
He has 2 fountains and 6 bowls to drink from in only 3 rooms. And we are approaching the 21th day post 2nd surgery, and 53th day post 1st surgery. I really hope we never need more! :-)

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's easy to be nice to you guys.

Do you ever give him ice cubes? I usually drop one on the floor. Of course it melts and leaves a puddle, so you have to watch out for that. Er...especially if you don't go barefoot, not much traction in shoes. But ice cubes are good for kitchen hockey and licking a bit of extra water.

I also make tuna Popsicle using the tuna water in the tuna cans. You can make more of it by adding water to the small amounts of tuna. Freeze this in an ice cube tray. Popsicles!! Sweet Gum likes them, Michael might.

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

Siberian cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you tried contacting Dr.'s Foster and Smith?

Pet Supplies, Dog Supplies, Cat Supplies, Pet Meds & Pet Products - Search Results for royal canin urinary treats

They have their own online pet pharmacy. Bought my dog's adequan from them. Ask if they'd work with your Vet, in regards to faxing his/her prescription directly to them, and if they do, will they ship it to you?

Pops
Thank you for your suggestion. Nothing seems to work so far. Nobody sells anything without US prescription, nobody is giving US prescription without seeing the animal.
This is just very pointless as in the base case they would see completely nothing if they look at a cat with bladder stones. I could give them lab results, medical history in English or French, I would be even willing to pay a vet visit + prescription price, but nothing is enough. And they would get no additional info by seeing the cat. It’s completely nonesense. Both Royal Canin and this attitude. I mean I understand doctors not giving prescription for Xanax online for humans. But with all the things I could provide, to get some cat food... It’s a good experience to see how soulless and bureaucratic the system is.
At least the shipping is easy with some parcel forwarding service.
I will try your suggestions via email to discuss with them, but based on the website I expect the same.

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Siberian cat Siberian cat ; Just got off the phone with Dr.'s Foster and Smith's customer service.

She suggested to contact them through their website (phone or email). She doesn't foresee a problem, but ask if you could confirm; if you'd be able to have your Vet's prescription faxed directly to their pharmacy (prescription must be faxed from a licensed Veterinary Clinic). I told her y'all are from Europe, then reread Chewy's what-u-ma-call-it response, and saw y'all are from France, Oui? OK, OK, dats about as much french as I know! ... ;) ... So she had a general idea where y'all are from.

Just so you have it, Dr.'s Foster and Smith pharmacy's fax number: 1.800.447.2404

Here's the catch; they only mail within the U.S.. So, if you have family, or a friend/s here in the States. Dr.'s Foster and Smith would send it to them, and they would relay/forward the treats to you. If y'all will be in the States, they can mail it to your Hotel.

Hope this helps some.

Pops

Last edited:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
BTW, I agree. Why would a person need a prescription for food which has no medication in it? My boy Calvin (RIP) ate Royal Canin Limited Ingredient Venison and Potato. My Vet gave me a few prescriptions to keep on hand when we traveled. Yeah, although a small inconvenience, it still was a PITA!

Poops, I mean, Pops

Siberian cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Siberian cat Siberian cat ; Just got off the phone with Dr.'s Foster and Smith's customer service.

She suggested to contact them through their website (phone or email). She doesn't foresee a problem, but ask if you could confirm; if you'd be able to have your Vet's prescription faxed directly to their pharmacy (prescription must be faxed from a licensed Veterinary Clinic). I told her y'all are from Europe, then reread Chewy's what-u-ma-call-it response, and saw y'all are from France, Oui? OK, OK, dats about as much french as I know! ... ;) ... So she had a general idea where y'all are from.

Just so you have it, Dr.'s Foster and Smith pharmacy's fax number: 1.800.447.2404

Here's the catch; they only mail within the U.S.. So, if you have family, or a friend/s here in the States. Dr.'s Foster and Smith would send it to them, and they would relay/forward the treats to you. If y'all will be in the States, they can mail it to your Hotel.

Hope this helps some.

Pops
Thank you, you are a tremendous help! I was close to giving it up! I think the delivery is resolved with parcel forwarding via Stackry.com. We only travel once a year to the US, and that is still far away, so I will try parcel forwarding.
We are from Luxembourg, so official languages are both French and German. I have close relatives only in Canada, not in the US.

Anyway, thank you again! Society needs more people like you! :-) I will let you know how it works out!

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you, you are a tremendous help! I was close to giving it up! I think the delivery is resolved with parcel forwarding via Stackry.com. We only travel once a year to the US, and that is still far away, so I will try parcel forwarding.
We are from Luxembourg, so official languages are both French and German. I have close relatives only in Canada, not in the US.

Anyway, thank you again! Society needs more people like you! :-) I will let you know how it works out!
Well, I know there are more then a few people who'd feel differently, but .... :insertevillaugh: ... OK, just kidding around. Thank you for the kind words! However, lets see how it goes.

Pops

Last edited:

Siberian cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since he's okay with the extra water, have you tried making a slurry of it?

Yes, I've known cats who tried to live on the gravy alone. The only one it worked for was bringing down mice for gifts and snacks.
I wanted to let you know that your idea didn’t end up in a catastrophe! So about 1/4-1/3 of the pack can easily go into the gravy mashed and he is okay with it! But no more! But It’s still better than before! Now since he eats the gravy and part of the meat, we just throw away half of the packages! :D

Siberian cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A azpops :rock: :thumbsup:

Stackry woop woop for them (learn something new all the time on this site :) )

Siberian cat Siberian cat :goodluck: :heartshape:
Yes, we Europeans have to do all sorts of tricks if we want to get American merchandise. Plus it’s really expensive, so I would only do it for my cat. In this case the delivery will cost the same as the treats (for 11 packs).
For myself I would perhaps pick something from the neighborhood and hope for the best! I guess these sites mainly live from electronics forwarding, like Apple products, since if they repackage and with some luck, it can still be cheaper to order them from US than buy them from here. Even by couple of hundred for a MacBook. So I guess cat treats are not the most usual export items. :D

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We are from Luxembourg, so official languages are both French and German.
This won't help with the RC treats, but you might find some suitable treat/food choices from Vet-Concept:
FÜR DIE KATZE - FÜR DIE KATZE Shop

They're very good about advising what will work for pets with specific health problems.

Our last cat didn't particularly like their urinary food, but many do. Our current cat has IBD and lots of food allergies; Vet-Concept prescription food is first choice for many of the vets in my neck of the woods (southern Germany).

Siberian cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! So we are not too far away after all.
I will give it a try. He eats some of the RC dry, but he obviously doesn't like it, so he eats about 70-80% or the recommended portion every day. The wet is the bigger struggle. I was thinking about trying Purina wet urinary too. Lets see what they say.