Help in kibble transition

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat has been suspect of food allergies to chicken and possible fish. As such have been asked to swap food.
I originally swapped to beef kibbles and beef patte but she still get ear wax and itch in couple days. As such we switched to RC hypoallergenic food which also had chicken but vet assured it's protein is Brocken down so is ok. Yet she itch and scratch her ears again. So changed to Earth made hypoallergenic chicken with minimum other ingredients which helped her as it delays the wax and itch response. Finally found my local shop selling Addiction Venison kibbles. But she does not like the smell at all as such not eating it. Tried mixing it a bit with the chicken kibbles and smartly put away the venison glkivbles to eat the chicken. Any idea what else next to try? Can I starve her to adapt to the new kibble but again read that we should not let cats go hungry for more than 24hrs.
I. Lost here.

Thanks

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since the hypollergenic chicken worked, why not stick with that? (or am I misinterpreting what you wrote?)

You could always try rabbit if you are looking for a different protein. Or duck. I know those come in limited ingredient foods. My cats do not like Venison either. From what I understand, it's the grains in food that cause the waxy build up in their ears, so you want to look for foods without grains like wheat. Also, when you switch up foods, it takes several weeks for them to take effect, so if you don't notice a change in her itching right away, give it time. (like up to 13 weeks).