Help!!! Huge Problem.

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
PLEASE HELP ME WITH SOME ADVICE!" I'm having a big problem with my two cats and recently adopted third. My first cat Sundai who is 1 year and almost 3 months, and my second cat Mango who has just turned 5 months 5 days ago aren't getting along and I think it's because of my third cat who is a Siamese not currently named, she looks to be about 1 year or a little under. I think Sundai might have had some redirected aggression due to the 3rd cat. When she was in the room with Mango and we let our 3rd cat explore, she smelled her from outside of the door and attacked Mango in the room with her. We separated Mango and Sundai for ten minutes, and put our 3rd cat back in the room, they got along well again and then we let our #3 cat out to re-explore. This time we separated Mango and Sundai into different rooms and when we put #3 back into her room after re-exploring, we let Sundai and Mango out again to reclaim their territory for a little while, Unfortunately when I opened the doors Sundai saw Mango and hissed, I thought that she just could've been startled and didn't fully realize it was just him. That was the complete opposite. She realized it was him and began to chase him around the house and they were screaming and hissing and Mango was scared for his life, Mango escaped and Sundai stopped aggressively pursuing him, and with that moment we put her in her cat cage locked it and put her inside our bedroom. She just fell asleep but when she is up she reacts to every sudden movement I make around the room as if she is ready to protect herself from intruders. I'm very worried that Mango might start getting aggressive because of her 2nd case of Redirected aggression towards him. Also Mango and Sundai are both un-spayed could this be part of the reason at all? At the time I got them I didn't have the finances to spay/neuter them, now I will thanks to some help from an amazing person. PS: Mango and Sundai didn't get along when I got him as a kitten, it took time but it was never as bad as chasing, she would just walk, growl and then run the opposite way. Then as time passed as I introduced them, she treated him like a child and even nursed him and they became closest ever since to a point where my girlfriend took Mango to visit her parents and she would cry until he came back. Now this has happened. I'm totally distressed, and saddened.

Crazycatlady1129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How long have you had your newest kitty? I recently added number 3 to my household, and it took a couple weeks for everyone to settle in. If you have a way to keep the three separated for a little while, I would suggest doing so, and alternating their litter boxes everyday so they all have time to acquaint themselves to the newest kittys scent. And make sure you give them lots of extra love! It could be jealousy. You can also try feeding them near each other, but with a closed door between. Basically, until the aggression stops, treat them as if you just got both Mango and the new kitty. After a few days, Sundai may start missing their little buddy. Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've just gotten her today, and yes they're all separated but mango cries a lot when left and always redirects their attention when it's one of the others turn to be played with l've never introduced teenage cats before so this is a challenge.

Crazycatlady1129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If Mango gets upset when left alone, try to keep him in a room where someone else is at. It takes alot of time and patience when introducing teenagers- fortunately, my there are all kittens. Lol Since you only got newbie today, I'd say the reactions of Sundai are completely normal. Give them a bit of time, and things should be back normal.
Have you tried a feliway diffuser? They work wonders for calming kitties down.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One day is a very short while. The minium time I expect cats to adjust to a new member is 1 month... honestly I expect it to take 3-6 months before everyone loves each other.

Until you get them fixed I would recommend keeping them separate. Female cats as young as 4 months can go into heat. There are tons of low cost clinics in the USA. If you tell use what state/major city you are by, I'm sure if some one knows of any in your neighborhood they will post it. You can also google it. Worst case scenario call your vet & explain the situation to them. Many vets will work with you, allowing you to pay over a few months or at cost spay/neuter. Lastly you may need to schedule an examine before her spay because she might already be pregnant.

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If Mango gets upset when left alone, try to keep him in a room where someone else is at. It takes alot of time and patience when introducing teenagers- fortunately, my there are all kittens. Lol Since you only got newbie today, I'd say the reactions of Sundai are completely normal. Give them a bit of time, and things should be back normal.

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay i'll try that. And i've been researching about those i may try.

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One day is a very short while. The minium time I expect cats to adjust to a new member is 1 month... honestly I expect it to take 3-6 months before everyone loves each other.

Until you get them fixed I would recommend keeping them separate. Female cats as young as 4 months can go into heat. There are tons of low cost clinics in the USA. If you tell use what state/major city you are by, I'm sure if some one knows of any in your neighborhood they will post it. You can also google it. Worst case scenario call your vet & explain the situation to them. Many vets will work with you, allowing you to pay over a few months or at cost spay/neuter. Lastly you may need to schedule an examine before her spay because she might already be pregnant.

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No she isnt pregnant i know that for sure, she's very territorial however. I think its the scent and pheremones of the 3rd member that's diverting her to think mango is giving off an unfamiliar scent. I'm very well educated about cat related things. However this i haven't experienced. Good thing is after its over, i can teach anyone else who has the issue

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And yes a month is fine I'd actually say a month should be fine 3-6 may be too long but you never know, mostly it depends on the cats emotions and when they decide to open up. For me it was 2 weeks and she was taking care of mango as her baby and playing and so distressed when he was somewhere in the house and she couldn't find him. Or if he was gone. She may be feeling challenged, I would say she is the cat queen of the house

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm home everyday as I've been laid off for awhile, so I watch them a lot. But i'm employed now. I'll need to get the two spayed/neutered before i start work

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, spaying and neutering will help! When can you get that done?

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

[Update:]-You sure were rugri, she was

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You sure were right, she was pregnant, she had her babies "February 16th" 1 was a still birth, two were healthy and given away. I'm having a really bad problem with the runt of them though the 4th one, she is very premature and low on weight, her anus has prolapsed and there's nothing I could do about the vets because I don't have the funds for anything like this. Besides all the places aren't open yet nearby including no-kill shelters. So I'm waiting on advice from anywhere I can get it. "Sorry for the huge typo."

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is an article on this site about how to get funds to treat your cat when you don't have money for a vet emergency. I'm sorry I can't give you the link right now, I'm on my phone.

I hope the kitten gets healthy. How old is the kitten? I'm wondering if the pregnant and kitten forum or the health forum might have answers about your kitten.
:vibes::grouphug2: