Help!! How old is she??

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had a sweet, adorable kitten come running into my apartment about 3 weeks ago. I put up signs, but no one ever called me or reported a kitten missing. I couldn't understand how such an affectionate cat who looked physically healthy (healthy weight, clean, only a couple fleas on her) would not have an owner already. But, after she and my Sebastian started tolerating each other, I decided to keep her.

I just lost my Amadeus in early July to a tragic attack by a dog that wandered into my yard. I should have never let him outside, and I am forever scarred by the painful memory of his suffering. I miss him terribly too. I didn't feel like I was ready for another cat but my friends said maybe she was a gift from God to help with my healing.

I have no idea how old she is. I have attached some photos, so hopefully some of you can tell me. Also, I happened to noticed her "ninnies" and they're poking out and pink... so I am worried that she may be pregnant, but maybe I'm just being a worry wart.

My main question is can any of you estimate her age by looking at her photos??

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by greenvillegal

I didn't feel like I was ready for another cat but my friends said maybe she was a gift from God to help with my healing.
Oh, yes. It may be true. I had observed time and again such things do happens.

Or, if you want a somewhat another track on the same theme - you couldnt help the old one, but this one you can help...

About your questions - the age, etc -

Go see a good small animal vet, "taking several flies with one stroke".

Establishing contact with a good vet is always advisable, - from now she is his patient, and thus - you can always phone him and ask advice...
A check up with a new cat is never wrong.
And the vet can tell you both about IF she is pregnant, and
appreciate her age.
Prescribe dewormer. (better safe than sorry) etc.

Vets are often lousy at knowing the breeds. And sometimes not so good at fine points of cat nutrition.
But they usually can appreciate correctly the cats age....

Good luck!

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also vote that A) She's freaking adorable!!! B) she's in the 4 to 5 month range and C) it is possible that she's preggers at that age, so a vet visit is not a bad idea.

Thanks for loving this little girl. She looks pawsitively content!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! She is so loving and sweet, and a joy to have around. She's so playful too. I'll call Sebastian's (current cat) vet to see if he can see Maggie soon to check her out.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When my Mattie came up on the porch, I was really wrong about her age. I thought in terms of months. When she had the vet check up, shots, etc., he said she was one to two years old. I was shocked. They can tell a lot by their teeth. Also, my Mattie turned out to already be spayed. I got the vet to shave her stomach because I was wondering about it. There was the scar. So I agree with everyone else, let the vet tell you.