Help Found A Newborn Kitten!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish Em

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The vet wasn't open because of a holiday over where op is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

qissycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately no good news. NONE of the vets are open (despite stating Open on Google) and NONE of them picked up. We drove around for ages and the little guy died in my hands. I saw him take his last breath.

I am so gutted and angry. I failed the little kitten. I just could not believe we could not find one open vet in this big city. I knew I wasn't equipped to look after him, but I thought at least I could keep him alive till this stupid holiday is over.

We buried the kitten at a park by the lake. He didn't even have a name, the poor thing. I wanted to name him something strong like Hercules or Beast but it was too late. I haven't stopped crying. I'm so sorry, little guy.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It was sad... I had the best hopes... But. Such happens, that is why life is so precious because its so fragile... It doesnt take much and it may end literally in hours. Especielly with infants and small children. When they become children they become more sturdy. Human children and kittens.

This you didnt managed to reach a vet feels horrible, but Im not sure it really matters. 1. IF there was a real big fault on little Hercules, be it pneumonia or something he was born with, he was a goner even with a good vet.
2. Very many vets arent good with small, weak kittens. Its our sad experience here...
So rushing such a sick infant to the vet is usually mostly to calm the caretaker. "I did everything I could, I even rushed him to the vet and payed good money - but nothing could be done and the vet had to humanely pts"...

If there will be any next time, you know more now. Now you KNOW you are able to sustain life in a little one. Even if the first occasion didnt ended happily.

This little kitten received love, and its soul knows he got all help there was to get, there was love to receive, you did your very best...
Thus, little Hercules soul is resting in peace. qissycat qissycat

In the name of Cat, I do thank you Qissycat.

Last edited:

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately no good news. NONE of the vets are open (despite stating Open on Google) and NONE of them picked up. We drove around for ages and the little guy died in my hands. I saw him take his last breath.

I am so gutted and angry. I failed the little kitten. I just could not believe we could not find one open vet in this big city. I knew I wasn't equipped to look after him, but I thought at least I could keep him alive till this stupid holiday is over.

We buried the kitten at a park by the lake. He didn't even have a name, the poor thing. I wanted to name him something strong like Hercules or Beast but it was too late. I haven't stopped crying. I'm so sorry, little guy.
I am very sorry to hear this. You did everything you could and had even planned to stay at home the rest of the week for this little anonymous kitty.

You're one of the good people for trying.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You did not fail him. Please don't think that. You really tried. There's also no way of knowing for sure that the results would not have been the same even if a vet had been open. You did everything you could for him and you did it because you cared. He passed in the care of someone who loved him instead of alone somewhere. Naming him after his passing changes nothing. He will always be grateful to you for your kindness and compassion. Please do not blame yourself for this. It was not your fault. His little life was short but it had meaning. :hugs:

RIP little one. :rbheart: :angel:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry the little guy didn't make it.

Please don't blame yourself. Sometimes mother cats abandon their kittens because they know something is wrong with them. Even if there had been a vet there is still no guarantee that the kitten would have survived.

At least he died in your loving hands rather than alone on a cold sidewalk. You were his angel.

We always lock the threads when a cat or kitten passes, so I'll lock this one now. When you feel ready please start a thread in the kittens memory in our Crossing The Bridge Forum.

Rest in Peace little kitten and have a happy rebirth.

:angelcat:

Status
Not open for further replies.