Help for a Ferals Goopy Eyes

Wheekie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of the ferals I feed daily has some discharge from his eyes. I would like to help him, but getting him to a vet is not an option. He comes here everyday for food, but I can't even get close to him! People have told me to call my vet, but he won't help me unless I bring the cat to him.
Is there something I can buy that I could had to his food that might help him even a little-a herb, medicine, natural-holistic remedy...I don't care. Any suggestion would be much appreciated!
THANK YOU!

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1stly, TY so much for taking care of him. Kudos to you! :)

He may have FiV & it may be related to inability to fight off a URI. It seems to be related to thier inability to fend off in immune-deficient cats. Our feral is same way. I do give him VetriScience Lysine Plus chews from Amazon or Chewy's, etc. Please give him 4 250mg pieces/day.

Thus total of 1000mg daily. It is an immune booster & til you can trap him it must be given, if possible. Others may have better ideas but surely he needs a vet eval asap & probably a long acting antibiotic as our feral cat got in Dec. It was Covenia by injection. It helps but a feral is hard, as they can't be taken in again for regular vet trips or administered antibio's as easily.

Best of luck & hope other ppl will add to this.