Help! Does My Kitten Look Like A Rag Doll?

Kaleym

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm picking up this beautiful boy tomorrow & he was titled an "x Ragdoll" he is obviously mixed. When I asked the seller she told me his is a Ragdoll kitten. When I asked more about him she said it was her grandmother's Ragdoll that got out and got pregnant by another cat. To add to it, he has no shots & only over the counter dewormed. Meaning, he clearly hasn't seen a vet in his 8 weeks of life. I'm paying $280 for him plus have to take him to a vet. If he's mixed will he still have the same laid back personality as his mom, or is he classified as just a regular domestic long haired tabby? Am I paying too much?
Thank you!

calikitteh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would not give that person your money. As a point of comparison there is a ragdoll rescue in my state that charges similar adoption fees but that includes vet checkup, shots, and spay/neuter. A proper breeder would be charging a lot more and again it would include a vet checkup and I believe the first immunizations plus usually a health guarantee.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Goooooooood night, do NOT pay that much money for an un-vetted, un-papered, made up breed cat.
He's cute and all, but this is a con job!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He's not a ragdoll. Ragdolls are only pointed and he is not pointed. Cross breeds and multiple generations don't count when it comes to cats. In terms of personaility, even with a purebred there is no guarantee that they will have all the personality traits. Cat breeds are just not as well established or fine tuned as dog breeds.

I wouldn't pay someone that much for any unpapered kitten. Especially not one with no vet check, vaccines, etc.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is a beautiful kitty!If you are in love with him already perhaps you can ask her to charge a lot less! He is not a pure bread cat,and has no paperwork about him.He has no shots etc.It all depends on your feelings for him.It is however a real responsibility to take on a cat and pay so much with so little knowledge about him!See if under these circumstances she is willing to take a lot less for him.He is really cute and it is up to you!

calikitteh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good point above that he is not a ragdoll but a long-haired domestic. He is cute and I feel badly for him under the circumstances b/c it sounds shady.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s very cute, but not a Ragdoll. Ragdolls are colorpointed cats. Without having pedigree papers, he couldn’t be considered any particular breed, anyway.

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's adorable. I hope he finds a good home. I don't know much about breeds, but that kitten reminds me a lot of our cat Cuppy (who people on this site said is a cream DLH). Below is a picture of Cuppy when he was about the same age as your kitten. Your kitty may not be a ragdoll, but he sure is beautiful.
IMG_20161122_180635726.jpg

Last edited:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good point above that he is not a ragdoll but a long-haired domestic. He is cute and I feel badly for him under the circumstances b/c it sounds shady.
Feeling sorry for a kitten is not a good reason to buy it from someone who is not a responsible breeder.... Responsible breeders charge money for their kittens because it costs a LOT to breed cats in a proper way (including, among other things, getting proper vet care for all their cats and kittens). A person who doesn't even take their kittens to the vet isn't a responsible breeder, and there's no justification for them to charge money like that for a kitten.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you report her to your local humane society? If you don't want to 'report' her, you might go in and ask if you can talk to someone. You have questions and you want to be certain you are asking the right questions of the breeder. Let them come to their own convulsions and ask you questions.