HELP! Does my cat have ringworm?

vixine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I recently got a kitten off an ad on Craigslist from a girl who originally found him outside and had to give him away due to her allergies. Since he was found and at one point an outside kitten, the original owner noticed that he had a skin issue. He had a bald spot and she took him to the vet and the vet told her that he DID have ringworm. They gave her a shampoo and prescribed her a treatment but she only got the shampoo since the treatment was too expensive. She went back to the vet and the vet said that everything seemed to be fine because his hair grew back in the patch that he had before.
That's the only problem he's ever had, he's had most of his vaccines and all that. Ever since we got him (around 3 days ago) I've been noticing him scratching himself and biting at his fur. He doesn't pull it out or anything but I've noticed that he does it every time he bathes himself. I felt around his neck area and it felt like a little scab so I checked while he was sleeping at took some pictures.

Also I want to add that I went to the vet yesterday and the vet told me that she was 70% sure he didn't have it because he looked fine and she did the black light trick to determine if he had it and nothing showed up. But she still couldn't guarantee that he doesn't have it. I just want to be 100% sure because I have another cat and I really don't want it to spread to her and become an even bigger issue.

My main questions are:
does this look like it could be ringworm?
could ringworm go away on its own? like I said, she didn't get the treatment and the only thing the shampoo does is prevent it from being contagious. but it doesn't necessarily cure it I don't think.

rogue22912

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
to be honest that does not look like ring worm. I went though ring worm with my kitten last year and it does not look like that. Ring worm looks like a perfect round spot of no hair with some crust in the middle of it. I am not seeing a perfect round spot in those pictures so it might be some other skin disorder but I have not idea what it could be.