Help determining these kittens sex

brandallee3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. We rescued these two little babies this week. Poor things were a flea ridden mess.They are young. We are guessing 5-6 weeks.  I think I have two little girls but am not certain. Could someone please help me? I can only get a pic of the one. The other one Im 99% sure is female...this one just has a little more space so I'm not sure.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nice clear pic, but I'm not certain from that.  However, that looks like a little calico, so the chances of it being a "her" are better than 99%.  I'd go with that.  And if "she" should by weird chance be male, "he" would be sterile.

You'll want to get them wormed ASAP, and get them started on a good kitten food, as well, given their young ages, KMR.  They should be happy drinking that out of a bowl.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandallee3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That was my thought. That is it a girl mostly because "she" is a calico tabby. She just doesn't look the same as her sister so I was thrown off. Yes we wormed them right away. Napoli (this one) has bad diarrhea. We have them scheduled to go to the clinic next week. (soonest I could get them in) We have been giving them kitten food and 'formula" Very happy to drink it from a bowl. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandallee3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks again! I thought so but wanted to check. Then I remembered that calicos are 99% girls :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hey...you have found one of the few places in the world where a huge number of people sit around looking at close-up shots of kitten fannies and all of us think it is fun!!!   Welcome to the wonderful world of TCS!