Resolved Help creating an album

Mare333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I have a question about creating a photo album. When I go to "add media" it is asking if I wish to create a personal album or add a photo to existing album. And it says if I create PERSONAL album it will NOT show up in any of the categories. I on the other hand WISH for it to show up in categories where ANYONE can view the pictures. That's the whole purpose of creating an album right? So does it mean I have to add MY photos to AN EXISTING album already created BY SOMEONE ELSE? Hope someone can clarify this issue for me, thanks so much.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, I have a question about creating a photo album. When I go to "add media" it is asking if I wish to create a personal album or add a photo to existing album. And it says if I create PERSONAL album it will NOT show up in any of the categories. I on the other hand WISH for it to show up in categories where ANYONE can view the pictures. That's the whole purpose of creating an album right? So does it mean I have to add MY photos to AN EXISTING album already created BY SOMEONE ELSE? Hope someone can clarify this issue for me, thanks so much.
It took me awhile to get it. Go to your profile. At the top click on media

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
From the top menu bar select "Media"

media1.jpg

Select "add media"

media2.jpg

You'll get a popup screen that will allow you to create an album -

media3.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mare333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
From the top menu bar select "Media"

View attachment 304804

Select "add media"

View attachment 304805

You'll get a popup screen that will allow you to create an album -

View attachment 304806
Thank you very much, that much I have figured out, but in the pop up as shown in the picture above it says that if I create a PERSONAL album it will NOT appear in any categories so NO ONE CAN SEE IT. So that's what I am confused about. Should I then add media to an EXISTING album ALREADY created by SOMEONE ELSE? Hope you can clarify this for me, thanks again for replying.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
OK, I just tried it with a test account and you should be able to view the album and under privacy it says everyone should be able to see it -

testing things out

Mare333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great, I will try that. Thank you so much for your help.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just realized you are a new member. Normally we would have a faster answer that we sound more sure of. :lol: We upgraded the platform right before you joined and are still trying to figure out some of the changes ourselves. :lol:

Mare333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just realized you are a new member. Normally we would have a faster answer that we sound more sure of. :lol: We upgraded the platform right before you joined and are still trying to figure out some of the changes ourselves. :lol:
Tanks anyway🙂