Help Charlie: Semi-paralyzed Kitten In Need Of Intense Care

ramscici

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
NOTE FOR MODS: I am unsure of the policies here regarding GoFundMe, or fundraisers, so I apologize in advance if this is against any forum rules. However I could not find anything about it readily. Please do let me know if this should be deleted or altered in any way.

Hello everyone,

I hate to share sad news about any animal, especially a kitty, but I think this community would really be a great place to help spread the word about an important cause.

Long story short: this six week old kitten was brought to an amazing foster mom (whom I follow on Instagram: @riefosters) after being allegedly thrown against a wall by a human kid, leaving him semi-paralyzed and in immense pain from the waist down as he sustained a spinal injury from blunt force trauma. Instead of taking the kitty to the vet immediately, the family left him in a box for ten days without feeding him. Marie (the foster) took him to receive care immediately upon getting him, named him Charlie, and gave him a bath, food, and love. The full story is posted in the description of the GoFundMe. The medical bills are also posted there for legitimacy reasons.

He will need intensive care while he stabilizes at the hospital and months of physical therapy to come if he has any hope of regaining mobility. He is currently at the best vet possible, PennVet, in the ICU and will be for the next few days. But the bills are piling up and while a large amount of great people were able to raise a good amount of money already, help is still needed.

Please consider donating or just sharing if you can't give anything. I'm really emotionally invested in this beautiful kitty and he deserves every chance he can have at a good quality of life.

Click here to support Fight For Charlie organized by Marie Gutshall

Thank you everyone!

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It certainly isn't against any rules, but one of the Mods will be posting concerning pleas for money. This is posted on ALL requests for donations, so don't let that throw you.

I'll check my budget and see if I can help, if not, I will certainly share your campaign! WHAT a precious baby! He deserves a good life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ramscici

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 ! Really appreciate it.

Just want to reiterate that I am not the foster mom (that is the amazing @riefosters on Instagram) but she needs help with Charlie’s medical expenses, so I thought this would be a great place to share.