Help. Cat thinks I'm mating material

albert'smommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Albert is a neutered,2(?) year old flame pt siamese mix we adopted a month ago. He's been an affectionate cat, especially at bedtime. He loves to knead my hair and lay on my chest. BUT, the other night, he decided to use all 4 paws to knead my hair and eventually tried to mount my head! I used a shower cap last night to deter him and he 4 pawed my arm and tried to mount it. I did try to redirect him by pushing his paws away. After telling him "NO" and pushing his paws a few times he finally settled down. What's up with this guys and what can I do?
Thanks...

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would call the vet and ask him or her if it is possible they didn't clip him all the way? Also is it possible there is a female in heat that he can smell that is getting him stimulated? I would also lay off petting him in anyway for awhile and invest in a Comfort Zone Room diffuser to help calm him down. Check your shampoo and see if their are any animal products in the ingredients, that is another possibility. Shift to organic and see it that helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

albert'smommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Comfot zone just ran out last week... Hmmm, coincidence?? I'm calling the vet tomorrow. Thanks