Help Cat Problem!!!

stlgrl5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think my kitty is sick! And the vet is closed til tomorrow and I am so worried about her... She isnt eating,drinking,going potty, nothing! Her nose keeps getting clogged up on one side.. I keep unclogging it but it just comes right back.. I do have amoxi that i am giving her... Any other suggestions!! PLEASE!!!

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This sounds serious and you need to call an emergency vet asap!! A cat needs to eat - she does not have resreves like people and other mammals. You could firce feed her with Pedialyte perhaps but it is really best given the serious nature of your question for you to find an emergency animal clinic and get there as fast as you can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stlgrl5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know =( I'm trying to find one that is open today

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good for you and I do hope you find one. In the meantime, if you have Pedialyte, try to get some into her so she will have nutition of some kind. Even if she vomits, some of it will stay down. But she needs IV fluids and she needs to see a vet.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by STLGRL5

I think my kitty is sick! And the vet is closed til tomorrow and I am so worried about her... She isnt eating,drinking,going potty, nothing! Her nose keeps getting clogged up on one side.. I keep unclogging it but it just comes right back.. I do have amoxi that i am giving her... Any other suggestions!! PLEASE!!!
A good recipe for homemade pedialyte can be found here ..but I agree, this is something that needs immediate vet attention, especially as it sounds like your kitty is dehydrated. Please post an update...best wishes for your sick kitty.

stlgrl5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well a little good news she drank a little water all by herself. Still not eating yet. She was foaming at the mouth when i got home. Her paws were all wet from her drooling =( I am taking her in first thing tomorrow morning

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any chance she's gotten into some string or yarn? Can you take a gentle look in her mouth? I hope morning comes soon, I honestly would not wait

stlgrl5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There's no string or yarn around here that she could get into to =( Well see she is a cat I foster and our rescue can not afford to take her to the eclinic because the place I am going to in the morning will just bill us

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't wait either, it sounds like she might have gotten into something toxic. I hope for the kitty's sake both Pat and I are wrong- please let us know-

stlgrl5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know, but our rescue just doesn't have the money for the eclinic sometimes those places are pricey =( They were gonna charge one of our dogs a min of $1000

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Were you able to find one open? It might help to talk to them and ask questions.

stlgrl5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I took her to the vet and they want to keep for for a day or so.. She is VERY underweight when i got her she only weighed 7lb now she weighs only 5.8.. So I will let you know when i know more

stlgrl5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well it looks like poor Jordan has Diabetes everyone=( plus she has a cold on top of it and thats not good... They tried force feeding her again tonight and she threw it right back up =( They gave her insulin tonight to try and regulate her sugars so I will know more in a few hours so hopefully she can go home soon.. I sure miss her lol

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww..wishing her all the best, hope she's home with you soon.

stlgrl5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know and now I'm worried about insulin and stuff.. I might try to get pet insurance for her but i'm not sure if they will do it if she already has diabetes =( I know her supplies is gonna be alot of money...

stlgrl5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to update everyone Jordan is doing soooo much better and after spending almost $2000 the doc's didnt find anything wrong with her
They did an endospcee(sp?) and after that was normal they took a couple biospy's and those were normal too. But she is eating, drinking, and using the litterbox fine

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my...I'm really glad to hear she's doing better, but wish they'd come up with some answer for you (at least they must have ruled out some things).