Help! Cat keeps attacking me

japam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think your vet conveying age as a variable is wrong in this instance as cats are as they say creatures of habit.

From experience and not to your extreme i use scent, sound and making changes in the enviroment to my advantage, this involves just watching the cat from a distance and seeing how they go about their day.

If i do't want a cat to go somewhere i will move things around that make it near impossible to go to that spot, or use smells i know the cat dislikes, to keep them away from that area.

I also use a can of air duster for computers in my pocket, and if they are just being catty, will press the nozzle, whilst still in my pocket, the cat will interpret that sound as a hiss, and will know to back off.

I would definetly put a bell on the cat for the time being or ask the vet to do so, this will give you a heads up on the cats whereabouts, also as the cat is anticipating your every move, using your example illustrated above 'jumping into the chair', i would sit in another chair, rather than you usual one.

Cats don't like being picked up period, as they are not in control, kittens you can get away with it, but adult cats, you really do have to be careful, you getting up to remove him is antagonistic, as they see that current spot as theirs, think another cat invading the home cats territory.

The cat is trying to bait you, to justify it's reaction, why, is a bit of a head scratcher[why do they feel the need to be on high alert around you].

I would start the research at cats natural enviroment in the wild, when would they exhibit the same behaviour and go from there.

Another thing i would look into is the diet, is there an ingredient in what the cat is eating that is creating some form imbalance in the body.

Is the cat spraying or marking any rooms in the house, are they using the litter box regularly, smell is also another thing to consider, is any of your household products, containing ingredients that rub the cat the wrong way, i've discovered that lilly valley shake n vac, cinnamon, and clove oil, causes cats to go barmy and mark their territory.