Help. Cat Has Urinary Crystals

Jackattack0101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My body developed crystals this past February and the ER vet told me that I had to only feed him the Royal Canin S/O food for the rest of his life. When I brought him to my vet for a follow up 2 weeks later she told me to have him on the wet food only for a few weeks and after that she told me to mix in some of the Hills T/D dry food. Which is more of a dental food with an additive to prevent the formation of new crystals.

As far as him eating the Royal Canin S/O wet food, we went through a similar issue. He loved it for the first week or so then started to become picky about it. I tried different amounts of water and different temperatures but he was still picky. It wasn't until he was on a mix of wet and dry food that he started to eat better. He loves dry food so I always mix his wet food with some warm water to a chili like consistency and then sprinkle some dry food over it and that gets him to start eating. Then its like he remembers that he does actually like the wet food and then he'll eat it all over the course of an hour or less