Help Cat Has Diarrhea Again.

Galilea96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my kitten has had diarrhea for a couple of days now. Idk what could be causing it what can I give her? :(

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you changed her food, that could be a cause. I give mine psyllium. A pinch in the food twice a day and it clears up within 2 days. Many on this site use pumpkin, plain puree no additives, one to two teaspoons mixed into the food twice a day. If it continues, I would take her to your vets for a check up, it could be worms or something else that are causing it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Galilea96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s a Costco brand dry food.

Galilea96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It says suitable for all stages of life.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I thought in your other thread you were going to start wet food etc to help with weight gain. You haven't done that yet, or is this a different kitten?

Galilea96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No not yet.

Galilea96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For the most part I’ve been researching which canned food is both healthy and affordable

Galilea96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought in your other thread you were going to start wet food etc to help with weight gain. You haven't done that yet, or is this a different kitten?
Her food comes in the 13th :0

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you been weighing the kitten? Is she gaining and how much? I’m glad the stools are firmer because a kitten can easily get dehydrated from diarrhea.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did she get dewormed for everything? Most dewormers don't work for ALL roundworms, hookworms, tapeworm and more. With that said since she's underweight personally I would be careful with medicine/dewormers and wait until she puts on some weight.

If I were you I would try high premium grain-free food. My cat has several grain allergies, wheat is one of them, the others I'm not sure, and Acana Wild Prairie so far is the only dry food that doesn't cause bloating/diarrhea/regurgitation. I learned they recently made a smaller 300grams or so package in Northern America if that's where you live.