Help Cat Eye Problem 3 Months

Buenzow1n

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had randomly got pink eye 3 months back. We then took him to the vet and he gave us eye drops with antibiotics and steroids and told us to give it to give for 2 weeks. We do that doesn't help. We bring him back to the vet and the same guy says same drops 1 month. So we do that does not help. I then bought a product online for upper respiratory and eyes which did seem to help better then the drops but the eye is still red. So I bring him back a 3rd time and we get a lady who gives us this big run down on blood work for millions of dollars and then give us a new different eye drop and it had not worked. Now I see not on the bad eye but the other eye he is loosing hair under it. Can some explain please. He is a main coon breed if that matters and he has had this easily now for three months

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Buenzow1n

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We also did find a random bump on this neck before this but the vet said it's a cyst but did not test it

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. There could actually be more than one thing going on. It's hard to tell. I would strongly urge you to find another vet. If you're unsure of who to try next, ask neighbors who have cats, check with local shelters/rescue centers for recommendations, even ask a vet university if there is one in your area. And, if you have a network like Next Door Neighbor ask for their recommendations as well.

Saber_Wing

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like this is something you should get a second opinion on. I had a cat with an eye problem that one vet just threw antibiotics at, and the moment I took her to someone else, the diagnosis was radically different.