Help? Bruised maybe Blister/infect paw pad?

XxkymlouisexX

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I noticed today that my cat Archie (age 4) seems too have bruised his paw (from what I assume) I’ve lived with cats all my life and none of them have had this problem Before. His main paw pad is swollen in a grey/blue colour, his toes are constantly shaking and he walks with a limp. I wanted too ask just in case it’s something a bit more serious since I’ve never encountered it before, or if it is just from fall damage. Thank you in advanced I hope too hear back from someone xx
CE573D62-EA36-4BB4-BB13-98866773EE16.jpeg
CE573D62-EA36-4BB4-BB13-98866773EE16.jpeg

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, and welcome to TCS :hithere::welcomesign:I'm sorry you haven't joined for happier reasons.

I find the look and sound of that paw very worrying, particularly the shaking aspect. I'd honestly be consulting a vet at this point. Cats are very good at hiding pain, and im thinking this could be a break or fracture. This isn't something I'd feel happy about treating purely at home, or even waiting until Monday about. The sooner it's seen, the better in my opinion. I'd be calling the vet for sure if it were one of mine.

Whatever it is, I really hope your kitty heals up and feels better soon :vibes:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I agree with Columbine Columbine , just in case you need more than one opinion. And, I wouldn't let him back outside until you can have a vet look at it. There could be something stuck in his paw that is now hidden underneath the swelling and bruising, so you are right to be concerned about an infection possibly brewing.

Let us know what you find out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

XxkymlouisexX

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update:
I’ve been keeping a close eye on Archie, my family and I usually give it 12-24 hours Too keep track of his activity and observe his condition. It’s the next day and he seems too be better. His limp and shakes have stopped, the shape and colour of the “bruise’ has changed I think for the better, he also seems overall a lot more calmer. Of course this isn’t 100% out of the blue yet so I’ll still be keeping an eye on him. He continues too clean and I will do so as well for further examination. He’s an outdoor cat that loves too adventure so I can’t stop him from wondering off, I’ve noticed he doesn’t go far though. He’s just getting some peace from our other kitties so he can rest his paw. I really appreciate the feedback, Or course, if his condition worsens or I notice any weird behaviour I’ll be sure to take him too the vet.
38342D3F-B906-49D7-BD54-96F1DEA8E4C1.jpeg
FF858774-6EFF-4157-BA88-2FF65B14D91F.jpeg

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Get some vetericyn gel or spray at the pet store and clean his paw pads with cotton ball
Or mix iodine and water & clean his paw pAds

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is looking a lot better. I'm not sure what could have caused such a severe looking injury yet seem to heal so quickly. I'm glad he's doing better, and hope he fully recovers soon.

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could it have been some kind of insect bite or sting? Cat steps, bug bites, toxin injected?