Help! Anyone Know What This Is?

Erinablitt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I notice a small scab like bump on my cats Tiggys lip today. It’s kind of grey and red around the edges and a little raised up. It’s very small and I only noticed when he rolled on his back for neck rubs. Is this feline acne? I removed the metal bowls from his plastic dish for his food the other day for cleaning so maybe 3 days he’s been eating out of the plastic bit. Has anyone seen this before? I’ve got an antibiotic cream for skin irritations but it’s too close to his mouth I think he’d like it and it’s got a mild steroid in it so don’t think that’s a good idea. It doesn’t seem to bother him though. Any advice? Thanks.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It could be Feline Acne, or it could even be a bug bite. Hard to say. Try taking the plastic bowls away and see if that spot goes away. In the meantime, see if you can at least clean it up using Hibiclens or Vetricen or even Stridex.

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:

It looks like something a vet should investigate. It doesn't look like acne to me. Does he go outside? The sooner you get him vet checked the better. I have my fingers crossed for you both. What is his name?

:crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Erinablitt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little purr monsters name is Vandal but he only knows himself as Tiggy. (Picked a name when he was a bun and then started calling him a nickname and it stuck)
I had an antiseptic at home and cleaned it last night. This morning it looks like the skabby bit is gone and it’s just fleshy and a bit red underneath. I’ll keep an eye on it for a couple days and hopefully it clears up. Like I said it doesn’t seem to be bothering him for now. I’ve got the stainless steel bowls back out so no more plastic.
I know vet is best but I don’t feel like dishing out $200 if it is just a bug bite or minor skin irritation like acne that disappears in a day or so.
It was just startling to see. One day it wasn’t there, next it was!

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
He might have bitten his lip and it's now healing. I'd keep a close eye on him until it's gone, all the same. It's very good of you to have been worried enough to ask about it, and posting the photo is ace. I wish that Tiggy is all better soon.

Please, keep us updated.

:grouphug:

Daisy's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
BA6A2F8C-1683-4186-937B-EC5D3D8C5CFB.jpeg
Hello everyone I'm new here. Been searching for answers for my Daisy. I've found this page from the original post, as her cat has or had a similar looking bump to my Daisy. I have done everything it seems to get nowhere, Just took her to the vet last week and he doesn't know what it is either and told me to watch it for any growth. Well, she went to the vet in late March because her gums looked pale to me. So the vet took a blood panel and it came back good other than her RDW red blood count was high. They said that it could be from her being dehydrated, as she drinks from ONLY our bathtub. I've bought her a $30 cat water fountain and it's no good to her, she only wants to drink out of bathtubs running water. Last week i took her to the vet as she had yellow eye discharge and then I discovered the bump. I was given drops for the eyes and nothing else, as she has never been around other cats and I've had her inside since day one. I got Daisy when she was 4 weeks old now she's 8 years.
To make a long story short I'm clueless and would like to know what this thing is on my cat as I'm freaking out! Any help would be very appreciative.
Thank you!

Attachments