Help?! Anyone have this happen?

Stepdavii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I noticed blood splotches/drops that is about as much as a human would have from getting a cut on their finger. Just enough that it leaves a a few drops of blood, but enough that you can wash the wound and put a bandaid on it and all will be good. But, as the only human in the house, it means one of the cats got injured. I ran around and checked them all and found my cat Arya with this wound on the hind/back foot. I don't know what it's from or how she got it. I cleaned it up with just water and a soft towel and it hurt her to the touch. I'm very worried and scared. Should I leave it a few days and see if it gets better? Or should I take her to the vet tomorrow morning (it's Sunday right now) it's not bleeding currently, but when I was wiping it down there was a little bit of pigment to the towel.
My theory is that she licked it raw or she scraped it somehow. She likes to sit on a window we have on the stairs and she often falls from it because she rolls in her sleep.
Please help me!! I appreciate any ideas of what I should do!! Thank you!!
Ps: she is a long haired female, fixed, cat. Just recently turned 3 years old. All cats are docile with eachoeach. If they attempt to annoy her, she'll hiss and they back off. Never any fights.

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Given the location and the fact that it’s obviously painful, I’d take her to the vet. She may need antibiotics and/or something applied to the wound to prevent infection.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! I agree that this has to be painful to your cat. You cannot control infection and the vet may find that under the fur the lesion is slightly more extensive. If she is licking herself to that point, or if she had an accident, you need to try to get to the bottom of the cause or this will recur.