Help! 2-year-old Throwing Up Clear (yellowish) Saliva, Weak, Not Eating, Drinking A Lot

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, please message valentine and let her help you find a vet. I hope you come back and let us know what happened. I wish we could help you more, but we can only legally tell you what worked for our cats. We can't give medical advice because each cat and situation is different. Their medicine has to cat specific and a specific dose, their systems are so sensitive.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a male ragdoll and was always told to watch out for this. Go straight to vet. I get you're a nurse but it might require catherizing kitty. Let me just say no matter how sweet my guy was, even if I knew how to do that he would attempt to rip my face off. This is something a vet must handle. Plus there's always a possibility there's some other issue going on. Monday just isn't an option.

Please let us know if you've found a vet.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please update! It's been an hour. Did you get to the vet? Did kitty make it? We're so worried..

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully you are in the US and got to a vet in time. I hope you didn't give anything to your cat meant for a dog or horse. Cats are so sensitive and the dosage is really small. I was lucky, I was able to get to a vet within a couple hours. I hope you are as lucky...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katocy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just managed to catheterize him and drain the urine - 60cc!!. His bladder was hard as a rock. He is knocked out right now from the sedation. Poor thing was also severely dehydrated. If you pinched his skin and let go, it would literally stay in that position for a good 3 seconds - means he was REALLY dehydrated. Explains why he was so thirsty - he couldn't hold the water in. Gave him about 40cc of fluid sq. I taped the catheter on him. Gotta figure out how to keep him off it as i know he will remove it as soon as he wakes up - i am looking at my lamp shade. I also gave him antibiotics.

It's amazing what you can learn with a little Google-fu and YouTube!

Thank you so much for your help guys! You guys are really awesome!

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy crap! You were able to do all that yourself? Are you in the medical field? I hope everything goes okay. Please make sure you keep us updated, because I've been really worried all day!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I didn't know he/she was a nurse. Does Katocy live in the US? That scared me. I hope everything turns out okay.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
unbelievable.. what country are you in? I cannot believe you cat allowed you to cath him. and you had a catheter the appropriate size.

Ok.. so you are a nurse, but.... man, ... I really do not know what to say..

I am still concerned about your cat.. he definitely needs Vet care.. not internet care...

What did you use for sedation?? perhaps I do not want to know...

praying for your kitty...
please let us know..

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, after hearing that he did it all himself, I'm even more scared... I don't think he/she lives in the US. I hope he knew all the right dosages of everything. Please keep us updated if you can when kitty wakes up.

katocy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Holy crap! You were able to do all that yourself? Are you in the medical field? I hope everything goes okay. Please make sure you keep us updated, because I've been really worried all day!
Nope, not in the medical field. Just had to take care of a lot of sick cats. Learned some things along the way. Thank you so much for caring maggiedemi!

Katocy is a nurse.

I'm hoping everything goes good . Let us know how he does!
Will do. Actually, it's my friend that's a nurse, not me :)

unbelievable.. what country are you in? I cannot believe you cat allowed you to cath him. and you had a catheter the appropriate size.

Ok.. so you are a nurse, but.... man, ... I really do not know what to say..

I am still concerned about your cat.. he definitely needs Vet care.. not internet care...

What did you use for sedation?? perhaps I do not want to know...

praying for your kitty...
please let us know..
i'm in the UAE. I used xylazine and ketamine to sedate him. As for catheter, well maybe its this part that you might not want to know.
I used a small gauge telephone cable. I took the conducting wires (the strands inside the wire) out and used the hollow wire as a catheter. Sterilized it first of course.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
ok.. now we know your dilemma of not having Vet handy. I am still worried about your cat. I am thinking he needs antibiotics for the bladder infection and something to calm the muscles in the urethra.. Prazocin (sp) I think..

and Pray that he does not have stones..

Can you get him to a Vet tomorrow or Monday at the latest?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I'm speechless that this could be done. I'm hoping and praying for this little kitty. Make sure you let us know how he does when he wakes up or we will always wonder what happened! One girl on here got her cat caught in the dryer and I don't think she ever came back to tell us what happened. I am still worried about that cat!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When you do get your cat to the vet, ask the vet what you should do / who to call for after hours emergencies. There has to be a vet somewhere in your country that you can at least call.

I'd be wary of follwing medical procedures posted on YouTube and other places. You can't verify the credentials of the people in the video.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, yeah you shouldn't be doing that yourself unless you are a vet. He could still be in big trouble. Please get him to a vet ASAP. It could be liver failure, that's what happened to my Miagi (he was also puking up bile) we tried to get him better at the vet and got him in immediately but it happened so suddenly and we had to put him down because it had advanced so quickly. Don't hold off on vet care, please.

katocy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hear you guys! I'm going to the vet in a few hours from now. I found a vet after hundreds of calls. He said he cat see me today. I told him what i did and he said that that is exactly what he would've done (albeit use a real catheter ). But guess what? He doesn't even have any:(

Kit is up, a bit groggy from the sedative. He is drinking and eating a bit.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank God the cat woke up! I was scared. Good luck at the vet.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been over a week. Can you please come back and update us? How did it go at the vet? Is kitty okay?