Hello

coldwetnoz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I'm new here and glad to find a tortie forum.  I have 2 cats, Anabel, the long  haired tortoise shell and Jethro, a white and orange tabby.  You would think they are 2 different species by the way they act.  I got Anabel 3 years ago from the SPCA and she was supposed to be short haired. Ha!  I have to brush her every day, she is so furry.

She is my first cat after having dogs, chickens, birds, etc all my life.  I just assumed all cats were like her but now I understand why she acts the way she does.  It's amazing how I read all the other descriptions of torties and see all the same characteristics that they all have in common.  The constant "talking" and purring,  the naughty behavior, the stubbornness,  the split personality, etc. etc.  I told my veterinarian I think she has ADHD or Bipolar disorder!
  But I've had 3 years of love from her.

I hope to learn even more about torties and share stories with this group.  I look forward to reading some of the old posts  to see what members are saying about "our special tortie cats".

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the site!!

I'd love to see photos of your torties. They sound adorable!