Hello,

savannahs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone,

I am new on here. I have savannahs and a lot of my breeder friends feed raw. My cats will not eat it. Any suggestions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

savannahs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They tend to play with the raw chicken. I have tried bone in , strips etc. I also have one that will only eat dry food and she is 6 months. I am really trying to find some ideas to temp her to eat something else in her diet besides kibble.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lf you've made the decision to feed raw, maybe a transition to canned food and then to raw would go smoother. This is the route l took and it worked well for me.

Welcome to TCS btw 

savannahs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome.

two of them will eat the canned, but the other will not eat either. The two that eat the canned just play with the chicken. Should I keep trying'

savannahs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
pretty

savannahs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is a great site. Large. I hope I can find my way around

savannahs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank You for your comment

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the welcome.

two of them will eat the canned, but the other will not eat either. The two that eat the canned just play with the chicken. Should I keep trying'
l guess that depends on how badly you want them to eat raw 
, and why.

Are they having issues with their current diet?

If you scroll through the threads relating to raw, or type something relevant into the search bar, it might help narrow things down for you.

Here is the thread from when l started on the raw feeding journey - my apologies for deleting some of the pictures, l was new and didn't realize they'd also disappear from the threads:

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/249264/launching-into-homemade-raw

savannahs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, I will check them out. I am just looking around, so many posts and great information.

I would like them to add something besides the dry kibble as I feel they need more.

The canned food is great with the two, but the other will not touch it. 

Many Savannah breeders give the raw in addition to the cat food. 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check out the stickies at the top of this raw feeding subforum.  LOTS of information there.  Here's a good site that helps transition the kibble-heads onto canned:  www.catinfo.org

Have you tried a commercial ground product?  They may not know that the raw pieces you're giving are food.  For some, toppers really help. I used plain ole parmesan cheese and mine went for it.  Some like dried liver or other meats.  Sometimes, lightly cooking brings out the meat smell and they recognize it then as food.  Just don't feed cooked bone.  That can kill.