Hello

corthalamus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. My name is Cory.. I'm from the great city of Portland Oregon, I'm 19.. I recently moved into a house with a couple of roomates, another roomate and I decided to rescue up a pair of kittens off of craigslist to celebrate living in a place that actually allows animals. This is my first kitten, I've had a dog.. but I'm learning this is quite different. The kittens are about 8 weeks old, they're BEAUTIFUL black tabbies.. In the last 2 weeks I've learned a good deal about cats just from being with them, the two kittens have completely different personalities..
I'm not completely new to cats, I worked at a PetSmart for over a year and we had a feline adoption center in our store and I would make sure those cats got plenty of attention and love while waiting for homes... But taking care of your own cat is completely different, I'm clueless.. I'm looking to learn basic things that all owners should know.. and my cat LOVES to play, but I'd prefer if it wasn't with my hand.. He's going to be an indoor kitty I hope

This is my Oliver.

Here he is playing with his brother (I'd obviously pass on anything that I learn to my roomate)

suzee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Cory,
It's nice to meet you. I am a newbie too. I have 1 cat named Lucy I adopted her about 3 months ago from a local shelter. She is 3yrs old and a very very vocal kitty. I live in the Pocono's in PA. I would love to hear more about you kitten.
Suzee

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Welcome Cory,

Oliver is adorable.

As you learn your way around, if you have site questions, simply click on my username, send a Private Message, I will do what I can to help. Please make yourself at home.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are adorable and I'm certain they will keep you entertained

What is the second kitten's name? I'm sure you picked up some knowledge working at Petsmart, but here is a Cat Care Section that has a lot of good general information!

http://www.thecatsite.com/Cats/Cat_Care.html

Welcome!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Cory
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your gorgeous furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

If you would like to train your kittens away from playing with hands, try getting some of those toys that dangle from a wand - then the kittens will learn not to associate your hands with playthings

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

Please feel as you home here, we can learn so much and deep about out kittys in this marvelous site, I just only please ask you read the rules and other stuffs that can help you to feel as you Real home!..
here you have the link my friend.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82565

Please ask whatever you need to know, there are plenty of good members and of course our tireness Mod´s to help us here!....

See you on the forums!, Glad that you join us!

ricky_ponting

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some lovely picks of kitties here! I am very delighted to see after these kitties.