Hello!

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm no newbie to forums, and though I have three cats, I shamefully confess this is the first cat forum I've ever been on--and I don't have a dog but am currently a member of two dog forums. Flame away, LOL!

So.. my name is noludoru... please don't capitalize. It's a little pet peeve of mine--if I wanted it capitalized, I would have typed it that way.
If you don't like nolu, that's fine, I also respond to Kit.

I am lorded over by three cats, all of unspecified, mongrel descent. The eldest, Tom, who we adopted from a rescue, is 10 years old. He's a blue (also called grey) tabby, green eyes, about 12-15 pounds, rather large-framed, and slightly overweight--though he's lost weight since coming to live with us. He's a sweetheart, but has clearly been abused in his previous home (they dumped him and his 7 year old sister in the shelter because "the wife was allergic," and Tom and Jill were shunted about for about a year before we adopted the. Jill we had to rehome due to several issues, but she's now a barn cat and is happily away from people). He flinches if you raise your arm above your head, and if there's any aggressive body language at all--he hides. When 'the kittens' make a mess or throw up and he sees it, he runs and hides behind the couch. My bet is that he got punished a lot. He's slowly getting better, and learning that the only hitting he'll get is if I'm asleep and think he's a pillow.
Tom is the saint of the house, he taught 'the kittens' good manners and how to really be cats as they grew up, and the only messes he's ever made are hairballs and throw-up.

"The kittens," as we euphemistically refer to our pair of two-year olds, are our hellions.Complete little nutcases all wrapped up in a fur coat with whiskers. I love tham anyway, though. We got them two years ago, when they were barely a week or two old. I first met Emma when she was a day old, and as sure as I saw her I knew she was coming home with me and her name was Emma. Chili I grabbed on impulse--she was the unwanted cat, that we got as a playmate for Emma. An inauspicious beginning, but I love her more than anything now, and am glad she was the kitten I hastily grabbed.

The people we got them from has 15 unneutered cats, most of them female, and three had simultaneous litters. There were about 15 kittens born in a closet on a smelly pile of clothes, and that they couldn't tell me when any of them had been born ought to have been a tip off that these people knew nothing about their cats. That they let a teenage girl walk in to their home and walk out with two small beings that were their fault for existing when the kittens weren't even weaned yet was crazy. They told me the babies were a month old.. I have since learned differently. But, I digress.

Munchkin number one is Chili, a 7lbish tortie. She has spectacular golden eyes that glow in the sun, and I would choose them over any gold the world could offer.
She has a "half face" and a black nose, and she is the cat I'll always be in love with. It's corny, but she's my best friend, and puts up with a helluva lot of flack from me--but I do the same thing for her, as well. (After all.. if you woke up with a cat standing over you and drooling so badly there was a puddle on your face and neck leaking into the pillow, you'd call that excessive, right?) She's playful and crazy and her favorite things to do is attack her tail, make flying leaps at me, take walks in our yard, and sit on me when I have to pee and purr.

Munchkin number two is Emma. She's my mother's "baby." She puts up with more stuff from Emma than she does from me, to tell you the truth. Emma trills to get your attention, is a major flirt, and such an adorable "babydoll" that every single woman (and many of the men, too) who come to our house beg to cuddle her. Emma is a brown classic Tabby semi-longhair with golden-green eyes, white mittens in front, stockings in the back, and a white chin, chest, and belly. Her prime motivator is food, the second one escaping outside and the third is food again. She's a cat that thinks she's a dog--not lie. I'll elaborate about that later. Nemma's grossly overweight--several pounds on a small cat--and we have so far been unsuccessful in making her lose weight. Emma likes to sit in your lap when you're on the toilet, gets in the shower with us, can be encouraged to get in the bath if there's a boat toy for her to play with, and plays nicely with the neighborhood dogs. By playing nicely, I mean flat-out ignoring them because she knows she is queen.

All three of my cats know the command "sit." I'm using a hand signal, but will start to incorporate the voice command sometime this week. I train using positive reinforcement ONLY. They will never be hit, e-collared, or choked on a choke chain. They are rewarded for good behavior and the bad is ignored when training. Emma reliably knows "down." All three can do "up." Chili I'm working on "give kisses." Emma walks very nicely on a leash unless spooked. So.. there's my training brags. I'm seriously considering teaching them "leave it" or "drop it" but I'll at least waited until up (for Tom), give kisses, and down are cemented.

I'm young, tall, with brown hair, blue/yellow eyes, and pale-skinned. I know a lot about training.. but I'm certainly nowhere near being an expert. Someday I want my own dog, but that will most likely be in my late twenties. I know a lot about pet food. I have very STRONG opinions when it comes to feeding your pet poison.. so beware. I like art, am highly uncoordinated, etc. Ask anything you like.. I may or may not tell you. My location is Virginia--northern VA if you really want more detail.

I'm mortally afraid of ticks, having my cats end up in a shelter for some reason, and of people who are constantly voting our rights away. ("More legislation!" "Let's ban it!" How about we try to deal with the real problem or enforce out current laws?) I STRONGLY oppose BSL. It's just another form of racism. They're banning "pit bulls," Rotties, and Dobes now, but next time it's going to be YOUR breed. And when all dogs are banned, it'll be other animals and certain races of people next. If you don't believe me--Labrador Retrievers, Irish Wolfhounds, Golden Retrievers, Border Collies, and Pugs are already banned, most of these in the United States. I strongly oppose declawing--unless for medical reasons. I encourage everyone to get information about puppy and kitten mills, as well as BYBs.

Uhmmm... I think that's all I can think of now. If you've got questions, ask. I won't bite. Usually.

I'll also link to some pictures of my kitties later. I'm a bit lazy right now, and none of my new ones are uploaded--but that's for a different day. My pictures are all too large (file size and width/height) so I'm afraid I'll only be able to link here.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there noludoru
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your kitties to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

I'll send you a PM with some information about posting pictures, it contains some tips on resizing photos so they can be shown in the threads.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey nolu! (I recongize you from Chaz- Momof2Pups
) Glad you headed over here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hiya!!! It's nice to see you here, too.

Thanks sweetpea.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello!! You know me!!
hehe, off of Chaz! :p see, I think I have a siggy.
Welcome to thecatsite!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to the site - its great here, theres always lots to do, see and learn
it can become a bit of an an addiction
but don't worry you are among good friends

Once you get settled, maybe you could post some photos of your fur-family
they sound a bunch of peaches and of course, we just love photos here

Glad you dropped by to join us and enjoy the forums

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the warm welcome--and yes, Spirit, I recognize you.
*waves excitedly*

I do have somewhere you can at least see some of my kitty-photos. www.noludoru.deviantart.com

I only have one measly photo of Chili up there and none of Tom. I just never seem to have the time or remember to upload things.
I promise I'll start a thread sometime within the month and show you my kitty pictures. WARNING--the newest one of Emma is NOT for full view. I screwed up on the size and it's way too huge, so just look at the small view.
The rest should be fine.

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You bet!

Pulling tails, too!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
It's great that you've joined us!

If you have any questions as you find your way around the site, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message. I'll do what I can to help you.