Hello, New Member, Have Questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaCatcouple

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Try to keep at least 1 meal a day of wet food. It's more of a hassle but she will be healthier in the long run. It wont hurt her to just do dry while you and your wife are out of town for a few days, however.
As far as when to feed....I dont think it matters. A lot of people free feed, some feed on a schedule. Since she is still so young, she should have food available to her at all times, so leaving food out is good at this moment. Just be aware that when she gets fixed, her metabolism will slow, so she may need to eat less! But approach that when the time comes. :)

Those "side effects" of not spaying are so bad....my in laws don't believe in fixing their animals (:gaah::gaah:) which is just gross because, well...female cats have a period just like human females....yeah. Unsanitary. Anyway, both of their female cats wound up developing pyometra (a serious infection of the uterus) and had to have emergency surgery to save their lives. What should have been a $50ish spay cost turned into hundreds of dollars in vet Bill's. Prevention really pays off.
Thanks, well she got where she would leave food in her bowl when it was dry food, but with the wet she eats all of what we give, the can said half in morning half in the evening. so that is what we have been doing. she gobbles it up.
We defiantly want to get her fixed she already been in heat a few times and its horrible with her yelling or whatever you want to call it, guess shes trying to call a male cat but while they are some around i don't let her be anywhere near them sometimes one will come up to the porch door and look in (its a glass door) but there is no way for him to get in or her to get out Both of moms cats are Females.