Hello! Maine Coon Or Persian....that Is The Question???

AWD0866

Never met a cat I didn't like!!
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I am brand new to the group! We are a 2 cat family with one that everyone always asks us what kind she is. My son has done some research and he feels she is either Maine Coon or Persian. I understand there are a few other kinds like Rag Doll, etc. that she might even be. I have attached a photo and it is the only one I have that shows her entire body. Her tail isn't showing that great, but it is tons fuller and fluffier than it shows in this picture. She is laying on it. Her fur is a little over an inch long in some spots. The fur between her toes is soooo long. She makes alot of odd noises other than meowing and when she does it is very quiet and high pitched. She is very calm and loving but is not a lap cat on a daily basis. She just turned 1 in May. Any info anyone can give me is appreciated. I look forward to enjoying this wonderful group and meeting everyone! Thanks so much!!
Callie.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Not a Persian, they have flat (called brachycephalic faces). I think those big paws really point to some giant breed influence, maybe Norwegian Forest Cat because her head looks more triangular. Without papers, though, she'd be called a tortie and white Domestic Longhair. She's beautiful!

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not a Persian, they have flat (called brachycephalic faces). I think those big paws really point to some giant breed influence, maybe Norwegian Forest Cat because her head looks more triangular. Without papers, though, she'd be called a tortie and white Domestic Longhair. She's beautiful!
I agree, she doesn't look Persian, but maybe Siberian?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AWD0866

Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! She is a sweetie for sure! I just posted some pictures I made last night so everyone can see more of her.

AWD0866

Kitten
Purraise
Her body type does lean more toward Siberian than NFC it Maine Coon, but she doesn't have that round face of the Siberian, but a muzzle pinch. That's what I was thinking, at least.

Thank you!! I just posted some more photos of her that I made last night

AWD0866

Kitten
Purraise
Thank you she's a sweetheart

Antarcticat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with the folks who've suggested Siberian heritage, and in my opinion one of the strongest signs is her full bushy beast of a tail. I mean look at that thing! :thumbsup::wow: