Hello, help with cat breed please.

methodcal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, a couple of days after Christmas I took in a cat (then a kitten but wow has she grown fast) that I've grown quite attached to, and now I'm curious about her possible breeding. In the right light I can almost see stripes underneath her coat, medium length. This is my first time doing this so please let me know what other information is needed. Thanks in advance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

methodcal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has trouble sitting still for very long unless she's settling down for a nap, although I'm sure a lot of that probably has to do with her age. More playful and energetic than laid back for sure. Also very stubborn. I realize it comes from being weaned too early, but it has been a constant uphill battle since rescuing her to get her to stop trying to nurse my hair. I love the purring in my ear, the claws digging into my skull not so much lol. She loves attention but can be picky about who she gets it from. I'm not sure what else to include, if you need more info please let me know. Thank you so much for responding.

furballsmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
  I realize it comes from being weaned too early, but it has been a constant uphill battle since rescuing her to get her to stop trying to nurse my hair. I love the purring in my ear, the claws digging into my skull not so much lol.
That most definitely is from early weaning, I have an article on it in one of my cat behaviour books.

If you want it to stop the best thing to do is stand up whenever she does it. They suggest ignoring her for 5 minutes after. 

It depends how irritating it is to you though, it's not a problem unless you think it is.

methodcal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I guessed as much but was interested to find out for sure. I found her in a store parking lot, lots of houses around. I tried to do the right thing by posting an ad in the paper but (thankfully) had no luck. Now that I've invested money in shots and worming somebody would owe me money at this point anyway lol

As far as the weaning problem, it helps a lot to stop petting her when she does it. It still happens but in fairness is starting to taper off.

I understand that she's probably the feline version of a mutt, but are you able to take a wild guess at what that mixture might be of?

Thanks again for your help.

methodcal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, she's not especially vocal. Picky more than anything else, she doesn't act shy more than she doesn't seem quite as relaxed.