Hello From Windsor,berkshire

JimmyJimmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After my beloved Barry the Bengal went missing after 10+ years together I swore I would never have another cat but after nearly 3 catless years I am now sharing my home and life with an amazing cat! Norm is about 5 years old and has moved here from Washington DC,USA just under a year ago.He was a Feral rescue cat and had obviously been abused and badly treated by someone whom I hope comes to a stick end? He is massive but solid not fat and has strong Maine Coon features but I've been told he may be the son of a Maine Coon / Bobcat liaison? He has about a third of the top of one ear missing (something I've seen in Africa/Greece/Spain that so called Cat rescuers carry out to show they have been neutered.A bit nervous at first but he is fine with me after 3/4 weeks and a gentle giant with loads of love to give.I would appreciate any thought on his breed etc and will enclose a few photos.

Attachments

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's beautiful. How did you get him from the US to England?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JimmyJimmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The lovely American lady who rescued him in Washington DC a few years ago transported Norm to U.K. to live but unfortunately her job changed to involve a lot of European travel and every time she was away he had to go into chattery - which he absolutely hated.It broke the poor woman's heart to part with him but she is a full on cat lover and wanted what was best for Norm - someone at home who could spend more time with him daily.He certainly is a unique cat and a real character

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I could definitely see some Maine Coon influence in your handsome boy!

Welcome to TCS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JimmyJimmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I'm pretty sure there is - he also has massive paws with fur/hair between his toes

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is massive but solid not fat and has strong Maine Coon features but I've been told he may be the son of a Maine Coon / Bobcat liaison?
Welcome to TCS, to both of you. He's an handsome fellow, with strong Maine Coon features, but not the product of a Bobcat / Domestic Cat union, as they're not interfertile. You might try posting a thread here:

Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?

There are some very experienced folks who read the, "What Breed Am I" threads.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a beautiful boy. I'm glad the woman who rescued him had his best interests at heart, and he found his way to you. Welcome to TCS. :wave3:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I already replied in your other thread, but just found this one, so here's my slightly belated "Welcome to TCS". :wave2:

Norm is one handsome kitty. Looking at his pictures, you'd never suspect he was a former feral. He looks like he's always been a house-cat.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! Norm is a big beautiful kitty! Thanks for giving him a loving home.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another hearty welcome to TCS! :wave3: Norm is indeed an extremely handsome boy and the two of you are very fortunate to have found one another. :thumbsup: