Hello From Heidi and Cat

misscat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello All,

Love this site so much, I was so excited when I found it!

I have inherited a gorgeous cat called Cat, he belonged to my beloved Gramps who passed away recently. Cat has been a dear companion to my Gramps during a difficult time. Cat was a stray that started to visit my Gramps when my Nan was taken ill. He was a timid little ragamuffin that would scoff down heaps of food and scarper. With lots of patience, my Gramps, my sister and I managed to gain Cats trust and he would allow us to pet him. Slowly but surely over the following week Cat grew confident enough to come into the house and explore. We would take lots of pictures and videos of Cat to show my Nan in hospital and gave her the honour of naming him (she chose Tootsie which is his official registered name at the vets ;)).

My Nan sadly passed away three weeks later without ever meeting Cat, but oddly enough he chose the next day to spend his first night indoors. That was just over a year and a half ago and since then my Gramps and Cat have been the best of friends. My family firmly believe that my Nan sent the cat to take care of my Gramps, to make sure he had a reason to keep going. And now Cat is doing the same for me. I can't believe it's possible to love a ball of fluff as much as I love this (sort of)

little guy. And I hope I do my Gramps proud by taking good care of him.

Heidi :)

And some pics:

View media item 256627
Enjoying his new bed (that he never sleeps in lol)

Posing for the camera

Enjoying a spot of spider watching (he never got the spider he didn't figure out that you have to

actually move to catch anything)

His favourite bed - the entire sofa

Cat loved to sit on Gramps' lap even when he was clearly too big!

Both fast asleep and all snuggled up. RIP Gramps x

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! :wavey:

Cat is a very handsome kitty. I am sorry to hear about your Nan and Gramps. It's very special that you have Cat to comfort you.

harleysdad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome! I loved reading your story, thanks for sharing. Cat is very handsome, I'm glad you are both there for each other :rbheart:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I definitely understand how cats (and other pets) help us when we loose a loved one. He is a handsome man and you can just see how loving and sweet he is.

T.

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
MissCat
Lovely story and wonderful pictures. Thank you for sharing with all of us. I'm glad you have Cat, as he will help you a great deal with your grief. They always do, somehow. He's a beautiful big boy ( my favorite type of kitty).
I know you'll have a wonderful life with him. I think your Nan has now sent him on to you for comfort and love, which I'm sure you need right now. Give him a hug from me too, and best wishes for a happy life together. We will all be here whenever you need us.
I joined up ( and found this site in early November, after more grief than I could handle by myself. Everyone here has been so sweet and such a huge help. I'm sure it will be much the same for you. The best part is that we are all around the world, so someone's awake whenever you feel the need to talk or share. Welcome!

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Love your story, my stray Purdy showed up after my mother passed. It is truly wonderful, the healing power of animals![emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji]

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for the loss of both your grandparents. I know how devastating it can be. But now you have car and van beautiful boy he is too. Enjoy him. And welcome to TCS. As was said someone is always awake.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! I am truly sorry on the loss of your grandparents. Believe me, I know the pain you are feeling. I also know how a cat can help you cope with such a loss.
My Mickey helped me so much when my mother passed away . He helped me to survive! I knew that little kitty needed me and he helped me go on with just everyday living. Sadly, my Mickey passed himself about six months ago. I miss him terribly!
I do have two new kitties, Shadow and Mittens. My Shadow looks so much like your Cat. Beautiful kitty your Cat is.
May your precious Cat help you cope with your loss just as my Mickey helped me cope with mine.
It is amazing what a special kitty can do! This site is amazing, as you will come to see. The people on here really care and are there for each other.
I joined when my Mickey became ill and so many people were here to help.
Welcome to TCS!!