Hello Been A Bit! Adopted A New Member In To Our House.. Is She A Mc?

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello All!
Long time!
Things are going great with Ariel and Jophiel and life has just been busy with my three boys. We should our home, moved to a temp rental house for now and are witting for our forever home to be finished bring built in last summer/early fall.
Anyhow, I came to ask about the new member of our family!

So, a back story on Jophiel and Ariel, they were feral cats so even now, are bit skittish at times. they are def getting better each and ever days, but I know it takes time.
I love them dearly but have been dreaming of a 'lap' cat. someone to sit next to me at night and 'chat' while I knit :biggrin:
So I started searching the shelters for a more 'senior' cat(to get a more calm,lazy type personality) and found many were set in their way and would not fit into our home with other animals and small children... that was until I saw Willow!
My heart melted and felt the deep connection we had! I was in LOVE! When I was holding her I felt she was a missing piece of my heat re-united.. just magical! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I was approved for the adoption and am going to pick her up tonight.. to say I am excited is an understatement!

I was looking for a long hair big back and Willow fit that perfect. She is 8 years old and was surrendered to the shelter as the owner become senile and was no longer taking care of himself or his animals.

Willow weights close to 20lbs I think and is HUGE..
I was wondering, is Willow a Maine Coon?

If so or even if not, how much does a cat this big eat a day!? LOL that was the main reason I wanted to know. I have no idea how much to feed her a day :)

Thank you for your times!!!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
With Willow's size, there would have to be some giant breed in her ancestry, and I think, that in her case, Maine Coon would be the most likely. It's impossible to prove this, short of a DNA test, so Willow would be called a torbie (tortie tabby) and white Domestic Longhair. Very pretty for sure!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As to feeding, Bob, my Norwegian Forest Cat (15.5 kg or a shade over 34 pounds) goes through five cans a day, plus dry food, treats, snacks and any elephants he can catch.

bob_scottiecat.jpg

It's difficult to overfeed any of the giant breeds, but if you have elephants, keep them outside just in case.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! and Wow BOB!!! Beautiful and OMG he easts as much as my human children(boys!) LOL

Being Willow is around 20, I guess 3 or 4 cans? I guess I will try two in the AM and go from there.
I have two smaller tabbies and they never ate during the day so the dry kibble will be new for me to keep around.