Helllp!! 18 Week Old Kitten

Bclark08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m in desperate need of advice. In November we brought home our kitten Bubble Kitty (he belongs to our 3 year old son who also named him ‍♀). Bubble Kitty is now 18 weeks old and pees whenever he pleases. He uses his box occasionally (which he shares with our other cat Macy) but loves to pee in the hallway, our closet, on clothes, and under the bathtub. Bubble kitty is amazing with your 3 year old and one year old, he’s cute, and we love him so much, but, I cannot continue to let this cat pee all over my house. The only reason he hasn’t been revoked is because my son is obsessed with him. I’ve tried kitty litter attractant, cleaning the box daily, and even putting a box under the tub for him. NOTHING IS WORKING!!!!

Attachments

SweetDemonCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a little cutie!
With multiple cats they can be territorial about the litter box. The typical rule is 1/cat plus and extra. Have you tried setting up multiple litter boxes around the house to see if that helps?
Also, using a enzyme cleaner to clean up accidents can help prevent him from repeated going back to the same place thinking it's an appropriate place to urinate.

All that being said, not using the litter box can be a result of stress or health issues. If he hasn't been to a vet recently it may be worth a check up.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: I have to say, Bubble Kitty, is an original name and creative for a 3 yr. old. :D
The rule of thumb is a minimum of one litter box per cat and more than one for each additional cat. Since you have a second cat, Macy, that would mean at least 2 littler boxes or preferably 3. Here's an Article for your reference about litter box problems: How To Solve Litterbox Problems In Cats: The Ultimate Guide
Please take your time to read some of the other Articles on the forum. Good luck! :goodluck:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bclark08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a little cutie!
With multiple cats they can be territorial about the litter box. The typical rule is 1/cat plus and extra. Have you tried setting up multiple litter boxes around the house to see if that helps?
Also, using a enzyme cleaner to clean up accidents can help prevent him from repeated going back to the same place thinking it's an appropriate place to urinate.

All that being said, not using the litter box can be a result of stress or health issues. If he hasn't been to a vet recently it may be worth a check up.
I’ve tried the separate box and it only worked for a short period of time. Instead of using it he started peeing on our rugs (I ended up having to take up all the rugs ). My next step is vet visit to see if he could possibly have a uti or something else going on. If they have no advice I’m not sure what the outcome of this will be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bclark08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: I have to say, Bubble Kitty, is an original name and creative for a 3 yr. old. :D
The rule of thumb is a minimum of one litter box per cat and more than one for each additional cat. Since you have a second cat, Macy, that would mean at least 2 littler boxes or preferably 3. Here's an Article for your reference about litter box problems: How To Solve Litterbox Problems In Cats: The Ultimate Guide
Please take your time to read some of the other Articles on the forum. Good luck! :goodluck:
Thank you!!