Helllooo!! We are new to the site and so excited to have all of your support. Please meet my Little

melody anderson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone, 

Not sure how much these are read but I'll start with the fact I love my new companion.  We found each other at the Humane Society and it was love at first sight. She picked me !! I feel so lucky. It took a little while but we finally agreed her name should be Lady.  She loves to be loved and is a fun feisty playful girl when she isn't getting her beauty sleep. 

A couple of things about Lady. Her previous owners had her fully declawed. (breaks my heart but it wasn't keeping us from being together). Without those we all know that the only way she can defend herself is to bite. That didn't scare me off because I knew we would learn signs to avoid that and so far we are doing great. 

She is my very first cat and I'm going to rely a lot on this site and all of you to help with all the silly basic questions I should know. 

Excited to be here and make new furry friends :)

Now where do we add a picture in here??

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS [emoji]128522[/emoji]!!

Lady is so sweet looking...thank you for adopting her and for being sensitive to her special needs with regard to the previous declaw. I can tell you've already educated yourself as to how the declaw could impact Lady's behavior and I commend you for that...you are the exactly the type of guardian Lady needs...she picked well [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Even though you know quite a bit I thought I'd give you a link to a TCS article about potential issues with a cat who has been declawed:

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/declawing-post-surgery-care-and-complications

Thanks for joining and sharing your sweet girl Lady with us...please don't hesitate to reach out with questions or concerns or even if you just want to share more photos of Lady [emoji]128522[/emoji]

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to you and beautiful Lady.  
  I've had a cat pick me out at the shelter, too and it's one of the most special things ever.  Lady looks like a real sweetheart who is already settled into her new home.  It's a shame she was declawed, poor baby.  Bless you for rescuing her.  You probably figured this out already, but she can never go outside now unsupervised because she is defenseless.  Anyway, we will be delighted to help you with any questions you might have.  Everyone here is very friendly and generous with their support.  There is also an extensive number of articles and past threads you can search for more information.  Hope to see you around the forums!