Heidi gave me an idea- what is your favorite word?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ambiguities is one of my favorites. I like how it sounds and how it rolls around in my head.

What one word do you like?

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SUPERCALAFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!!!!!!!

But...well...if you're looking for a real word, I'd have to say "toasty". It may not be a fancy word like yours, but it just reminds me of a cozy warm fireplace in the winter.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite word is neologism. It is a psychiatric term used for people who speak using made up words. I would like to meet the person who "made up" the word neologism!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

embiggens!

as in "A Noble Spirit Embiggens the Smallest Man"

(ok... I watch too much cartoon, I know!)
Go Simpsons!

I have two, actually. One that I can actually use and one that I really can't use because I've never found a way to use it.

Triskadekaphobia - fear of the number 13. (And now triskadekaphilia, courtesy of Sue, for love of the number 13
)
Antidisestablishmentarianism - it's the longest non-medical word in the English language, or at least that's what my college linguistics prof told us.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite word to read or hear would be "kitty" no contest. I don't think I've ever heard it said without complete love and adoration. I'll never get tired of it. It just has some kind of magical quality to it when women say it, at least to me it does.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Serendipity. I love the sound of it, its internal rhythm, and I love what it means: the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

My favorite word is neologism. It is a psychiatric term used for people who speak using made up words. I would like to meet the person who "made up" the word neologism!
I was just thinking about this - my new word is "vertizontical". Means that you look at things from multiple perspectives.