Heated pads for cat boxes for the winter

JimmyL

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all

I have made a very warm and comfy cat box for the feral cat who lives in our courtyard! It should help him get through the winter. But I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that you can get heated pads for cats; you put them in the microwave and them stick them in the box and they should keep the box warm all night. Is this the case? Do they really last that long? Can anybody give me some brand names (especially for ones that might be purchased in the UK)

Many thanks

James

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JimmyL

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No it doesnt

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure you'll find something suitable in the UK. In Germany we use 4 (very old) heating pads - they are heated up in the microwave, are put in the cat houses before nightfall and are still warm in the morning when the sun has risen. They are solid, about 25 cm diameter and 5 - 6 cm thick. Although they come with a cover, they still get quite hot. To stop the cats form getting overheated or burnt we put the pads under thick blankets.
1635962713534.png
1635962744811.png

I have only found suppliers in Germany, but if you google "Nobby Microwave Heat Pad Diameter 26 cm" you may find information in English and a supplier in the UK. In fact two sizes are available: 21 or 26 cm diameter. I can get you more information in English but prices and suppliers are only in Euros or in Germany, resp. Trixie seems to supply a similar article but it is more expensive. Amazon can provide them - at least to us in Germany.

Last edited: