Heated mattress pad/blanket

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does any have and can recommend a king size heated mattress pad or blanket brand?
Im looking to buy one but I like tried and true reviews.
I will want to use my comforter over either(reviews I read said not to use a comforter over an electric blanket) and I’d like if my foot zone could be set at a warmer temperature.
Thanks for any help you all could offer.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have both a heated mattress pad and a heated blanket. I like Sunbeam brand. I put a quilt over my heated blanket. I use the heated mattress pad more than the blanket unless it's super cold, but I'm in Texas and super cold to me is very different than it is for you.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have one (Sunbeam), but I was afraid to throw it in the washer, even on gentle. To me, putting an electric plug in a washer is asking for trouble. And if you can't wash it...yuk. So now I just have flannel sheets and a warm blanket.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to have one (Sunbeam), but I was afraid to throw it in the washer, even on gentle. To me, putting an electric plug in a washer is asking for trouble. And if you can't wash it...yuk. So now I just have flannel sheets and a warm blanket.
I only wash mine a few times during the season. I've had absolutely no problems with washing and drying mine.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have a Biddeford blanket. I like it and have washed it and dried it in the dryer. Our old blanket (also a Biddeford) died after about three years, so we just bought another one. I don't like the "plush" blankets, though, and wish I could find an electric that was really a blanket and not a plush/microfiber/ mess. They're so stretchy and that can't be good for the wires. Ours has dual control. I don't know if they have them with a separate heat for feet...wish they did, though. My feet and legs are always cold. I think Westinghouse has an electric blanket with "feet pockets" for you to put your feet in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="stephanietx, post: 5734135, member: 15189"We have both a heated mattress pad and a heated blanket. I like Sunbeam brand. I put a quilt over my heated blanket. I use the heated mattress pad more than the blanket unless it's super cold, but I'm in Texas and super cold to me is very different than it is for you.
[/QUOTE]
stephanietx stephanietx Can you feel the wires in the mattress pad?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a Biddeford blanket. I like it and have washed it and dried it in the dryer. Our old blanket (also a Biddeford) died after about three years, so we just bought another one. I don't like the "plush" blankets, though, and wish I could find an electric that was really a blanket and not a plush/microfiber/ mess. They're so stretchy and that can't be good for the wires. Ours has dual control. I don't know if they have them with a separate heat for feet...wish they did, though. My feet and legs are always cold. I think Westinghouse has an electric blanket with "feet pockets" for you to put your feet in.
Winchester Winchester do you know which Biddeford blanket model you have?