Healing time question regarding laser vs scalpel surgery

spac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was told (by the receptionist) that laser surgery is generally recommended as it has faster healing time and less pain. But she said something about even though laser surgery has a faster healing time, if the pet is overly rambunctious, then traditional (scalpel) surgery may be better. She mentioned it has to do with the way the skin heals together. Basically it came across that laser surgery is better for pets who are going to take it easy and aren't at risk for opening their sutures.

Is any of this true? I can't find any info on this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not what I asked. There was a reason why I asked here instead of asking the vet.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
People on here are just a community of cat lovers most of us do not have training in vetrinary science. Someone who has undergone the training and teachings to obtain a DVM has far more experience than most people on here.

With that out of the way, may I ask why you do not wish to ask your vet? Is there a specific surgery you are asking about? You question could have different answers depending on where the surgery is performed and for what purpous.