Healed eye injury still red

Mutation

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat got a bit rambunctious when playing with the kittens, and one of them scratched his eye a bit. This was almost 2 weeks ago. He never showed any discomfort (no squinting/unwillingness to open eye, no discharge, no fear of anything like that) or even awareness that he was hurt, so we didn't take him to the vet. I feel like it should be healed by now, and I think it is. But its still very red like there's dried blood on it or something? Im just wanting to know if this is normal at all, should I be concerned? These are the best pictures I could get of it. He keeps just trying to headbutt my hands and phone.
20210207_130228.jpg
20210207_130150.jpg
20210207_125934.jpg
20210207_125732.jpg

-Cory-

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That does look like there's blood in the eye. Do you have a regular vet? You could try sending these pics to them and they could tell you if you should bring him in for a more thorough exam. It's definitely a good sign the he doesn't seem to be in pain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mutation

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's not in the eye, it's on top of the eye. If it was in the eye I would've taken him to the vet a lot sooner, haha. The vet would want to see him regardless of if it needs to be seen better, so I would rather like to know if he actually needs to see one first before I take him. The vet isn't cheap unfortunately, so I would rather avoid a visit if I can.