Headach / Dizzy Any Thoughts?

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, the past 2-3 days I've been getting dizzy / headach / pressure pain constantly! Almost like every 5 minutes. It's crazy & it's bugging me! I have thought maybe sugar, sleep, not eating etc. But nothing I've done is making any difference. Eating even made it worse this evening. Now, on Sunday I tripped and fell, but I never hit my head or anything, I don't hurt anywhere else, & other than a sore leg just that evening I didn't hurt that day either. So, anyone have any other suggestions of what to try, or what it could be?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your ears? Those will affect balance and give you dizzy feelings. My Mom has something called Mariners disease that makes her feel awful when it kicks in. It got worse over the years before it was diagnosed. Now when it hits she takes her meds, closes the curtains/blinds and lays down on the floor.

I think you should see your doc just to rule out any infections, etc.

thembcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, it could be an ear infection of some sort. You could be a little low on iron. Try taking some slow-release iron supplements. On occasion, I have the same problem, I usually take iron pills and in a few days I get to feeling better. Have you ruled out sinus problems? Sometimes if you have a sinus infection or just having sinus problems period, you can feel very dizzy and have a headache. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like "normal" sinus problems. I usually end up taking a sinus pill along with my iron just in case its one and not the other. Either way I start to feel better.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have recently been diagnosed (as of 2 weeks ago) as having BENIGN INTERCRANIAL HYPERTENTION which basically means there is too much fluid in your spinial cavaity which fills your brain and pushes against the eyes (causing pressure pain and headache) it also caused me to have vomitting , nausa and sensitivity to light (not saying you have this) but it is worth getting checked out , mine was diagnosed by simply looking into the back of my eyes and a mri scan and lumbar puncture! xx big hugs , get it checked , like others have said it could be a inner ear infection , strained eyes , a sensitivy to a food or drink ect xx

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Headaches and dizziness are symtoms of a wide number of things.

High blood pressure, low blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular issues such as strokes, and a number of neurological issues.

If you are having headaches and dizziness where you are falling down, go to a doctor. There could be something serious going on.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
to add to Natalie_ca's list: allergies, headcold, flu (you may not always recognise the symptoms as flu), non-allergen irritants in the air, food poisoning, fluorescent lights and a whole laundry list of other things. Go to your doctor.

I have had a terrible time with headaches and minor dizziness this summer - weird barometric pressure fluctuations plus all the algae blooms and weed blooms have givne a whole new meaning to allergies this year. In my case, Benadryl stops all the problems

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

My first thought was allergy/cold related to the change in weather.
That happens to me each time the weather changes.

Hope you feel better soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the thoughts, I think we may have it figured out!!! When I picked up my new script for BC three weeks ago, they gave me generics for the first time, which I started on Sunday. Tuesday the headaches started. I didn't even think about those. Friday I called the pharmacist & asked if anyone had complained of this with them. They were unaware of any, but had me pick up a pack of the original name brand to try and see if they went away. I'm on day two and a half and the headaches are nearly gone. After day one they reduced tremendously. If they are gone tomorrow I will have to figure out what I have to do with the 11 1/2 months worth of generics and what they will do since the script has now completely been filled. But the pharmacist seemed very nice & I'm hoping it's not too much hassle. But overall I am feeling a TON better.